Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   i hate leaf sprites (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46799)

killerTeddy 11-17-2004 04:29 AM

This time it was very close...
Have been surprised by 4 leaf sprites, in Upper Trynton, not having any kind of magic shield yet - although i ran away at once they killed 4 of 6 party members, while following me! How can this be, are they that much faster?
Luckily my lizard-fighter had enough stamina for a long run...

BTW, anyone knows where the next possible ressurection-powder can be found? (Just now i'm in Trynton, could ressurect everyone except my gadgie :( )

Wereboar 11-17-2004 06:11 AM

I think they are a bit faster. And when they follow you, they run until they reach casting range. With a bit of their movement points left, they might get to cast after the run, just like your characters in similar situations.

In a normal player party, it's rare that you get to act after you've walked or run a bit. In my experience, the chances for this to happen are much higher if the initiative of all characters is very high (walking/running occurs at the point where the slowest character would act). Now, if that is correct, there's the advantage of the monster goups: Since the have similar initiative, groups of fast monsters have a high chance to act after a move.

Flamestryke 11-17-2004 08:52 AM

Its actually easier to run at them instead of away from them. Get in close to melee range and they go down fast. You will most likely get damaged but at least the majority of the party will survive.

Fussfas will sell res powders so if you got the cash try him. A few rest periods may be necessary if he doesn't have any on hand when you first drop in.

Loudhy 11-17-2004 09:13 AM

Hi killerteddy.

Be happy that they're only Leavies. I once was surprised in Upper Trynton by Wind Sprites later in a game . My party was destroyed before I found out what happened ( it was my first encounter with them in Upper Trynton ). I'd never thought, that I'd found them somewhere in Trynton, so I wasn't careful enoungh.

But you're right. Leaf Sprites are very bad for a Lvl 8/9 party.

[img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]

Kakero 11-17-2004 10:02 AM

I notice that if you have some sort of protection magic ( forgot what names they are )up all the time just incase you bump into them . those leaf sprite will be piece of cake. previously I had much much trouble with them.

Brian 11-17-2004 03:53 PM

I developped pick-pocket early in the game .Shop-lifted enough eye for eye for all crew to have 5 each (from Fuss-faz).When I met those pests I challenged them before they could get the jump on me.Ran towards them and got themm all without a scratch. BRIAN

killerTeddy 11-18-2004 01:51 PM

Back again!
This time there were nine of them, but i had magic screen (lev. 5) - but i didn't need it! Met them in the no-magic-chamber in Trynton :))) nice way to get some exp-points...

@Flamestryke: thanks for the tip, i tried it, but at the time they were still waiting for me, and nearly killed me again. Not too bad, traveled to Arnika and made a short trip to the umpanis.

Now, i'm on my way to the android, to complete my party.

dplax 11-18-2004 03:04 PM

I once met some higher level peak sprites on Ascension Peak. They do cast strong spells but by then my chars had enough HP to withstand nearly anything.

Flamestryke 11-19-2004 06:46 AM

killerTeddy

Here's a tip that will help in Trynton a bit. Its sort of exploiting Chief Gari but I know I get to Trynton many times before I have Magic Screen available so I am not ashamed to say I have used this little trick.

Step just down the hallway from Chief Gari. You should still be able to see him. Go into combat mode and just hit enter. The Chief usually casts some sort of spell, either Superman or Magic Screen. Just keep doing it until he casts Magic Screen. Normally its a level 6 or 7 spell. Nice to have on when those sprites pop up.

Wild Rose 11-22-2004 02:01 AM

Sprites and Unicorns seem to require about the same statagies. They both have really nasty attacks - and low HP. IF you can get close enough to them they are not too hard to take out. But the whole question is IF. What happened to Loudhy is the problem, they can take YOU out before you get the chance for a "close encounter"

Good Tip Flamestryke!

Does this work with any other NCPs?