Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   The russian children (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91528)

ElvenBeserk 09-06-2004 10:41 AM

I feel so bad about those russian children in that school. What kind of person would hold children hostage?

ElvenBeserk

Dadams1 09-06-2004 10:56 AM

Only Chechens desperate for autonomy, sick of the terrible Russian treatment of them and their state.

Arvon 09-06-2004 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dadams1:
Only Chechens desperate for autonomy, sick of the terrible Russian treatment of them and their state.
THAT IS NOT AN EXCUSE!!!!!

Dadams1 09-06-2004 11:04 AM

It is if you're in their position.

Ziroc 09-06-2004 11:06 AM

So killing children in mass is ok if you are them? Is this what you are saying Dadams1?

Calaethis Dragonsbane 09-06-2004 11:10 AM

"Desperate times call for desperate measures" - doesn't make them right. Killing children is wrong, period. Just my 2 cents.

Dadams1 09-06-2004 11:14 AM

Quote:

So killing children in mass is ok if you are them? Is this what you are saying Dadams1?
No; doing what they did may seem to them as their only option. And since we've never been in their position, we cannot judge them. We can think it was wrong and a horrible thing to do, but we can't blame them at least until we know all the details and the consequences.

Ilander 09-06-2004 11:45 AM

I beg to differ, there...they can accept the "Russian" way of life...I don't think the Russians are asking the average Chechen person to lay down in traffic...So what excuse do they have, really? Life and death may neccessitate fighting, but is that really the case in Chechnia?

drew_jarvie 09-06-2004 12:02 PM

I can see both points of view here. Firstly, i agree with the fact that they just want independance and are probably not getting treated well or whatever, but i think there are other ways to get attention rather than killing children. The thing that makes it bad is that the children cannot defend themselves and so the people doing these acts are not honourable. if you are going to go and do soemthing to get attention, the leader of the regimes against them should be the target, not innocents.

[ 09-06-2004, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: drew_jarvie ]

Arvon 09-06-2004 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dadams1:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />So killing children in mass is ok if you are them? Is this what you are saying Dadams1?
No; doing what they did may seem to them as their only option. And since we've never been in their position, we cannot judge them. We can think it was wrong and a horrible thing to do, but we can't blame them at least until we know all the details and the consequences. </font>[/QUOTE]That the hell is this? We cannot judge them? There are some things that are just right or wrong regardless of the situation. We can and do judge them as below beast.