Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Whats the best way to kill a vampire? (potential Spoiler!) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58775)

Silk 11-08-2001 03:40 PM

How is the best way 2 kill a vampire?
I stuck @ fikrags so any help is welcomed!!

Barry the Sprout 11-08-2001 03:52 PM

There is a cleric spell that will negate the level drain for a bit (Negative Energy Immunity or something similar). Cast them on your best fighters and go in guns blazing. That is there only real advantage, but it is a major one. Once you remove that they are nothing special.

Sir Exxon 11-08-2001 03:52 PM

WELCOME TO THIS FORUM!
(Phew, this is my 4th welcome this day)

It is very easy to kill a vampire once you are immune to level drain. So I would have used Shadowkeeper to equip everybody in my party with the Amulet of Power. But if you dont want to cheat, just send your highest level NPC's to kick butt! :D

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: Sir Exxon ]</p>

Dundee Slaytern 11-08-2001 03:54 PM

If you have completed the Slaver quest in the Copper Coronet, you can buy Aduzedge from Bernard. Vampires die very easily to it.

Cast Chaotic Command on the fighter holding Adzuedge, then for extra fun, cast Greater Malison on the Vampires as your fighter engages them from range with the axe.

If you have Keldorn, let him wear the Amulet of Power and go crazy with Aduzedge.

OmegaKiller 11-08-2001 03:55 PM

Two best ways?? Hmm there are several actually that works quite well. The 2 BEST WAYS would be using a high power cleric or paliden (2 or 3 if you are really low level) and the mace of disruption. Other ways would be have alot of restoration scrolls

OmegaKiller

*I am the final death

**The Destroyer of the Keldorn Order

Still got a couple slots open for my crusade against these

:/knight/:

btw has anyone heard of Shattered galaxy?

Sir Exxon 11-08-2001 04:03 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Omegakiller:

Two best ways?? Hmm there are several actually that works quite well. The 2 BEST WAYS would be using a high power cleric or paliden (2 or 3 if you are really low level) and the mace of distruption. Other ways would be have alot of restoration scrolls<hr></blockquote>

Oh my god, Omegakiller! I cant believe that you are actually helping somebody to kill an undead!

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: Sir Exxon ]</p>

Silk 11-08-2001 04:19 PM

Would you say that you should be of a fairly high level to go after firkrag? and what if u aint got any of the afore mentioned spells and tit bits.

Morgeruat 11-08-2001 05:22 PM

"Would you say that you should be of a fairly high level to go after firkrag? and what if u aint got any of the afore mentioned spells and tit bits."
I killed him around lvl 10-11 w/o cheesing

and if you have Daystar Vamps fall like wheat to the scythe to it's sunray ability

Sir Mandorallen 11-08-2001 05:34 PM

You don't HAVE to be a high level to fight firkrag, but it helps. For him all you really need are healing potions, haste spells and good weapons like liacor, the dragon slaying equipment helps btw. ;)

Morgeruat 11-08-2001 05:39 PM

LOTS of healing potions, a cavalier, minsc and Keldorn helps too