Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Demi-Lich(bridge dis.) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14716)

pol 01-14-2004 12:39 AM

Wow this guy is bad....the first few forms are easy but once that head appears he imprisons all my guys one after the other, I,ve tried everything I can think of. Any help would be great,mainly with that head
When I do defeat him what happens to an imprisoned character..do they re-appear....Thanks

LennonCook 01-14-2004 01:05 AM

<span style="color: lightblue">Party members? Levels?

SixOfSpades 01-14-2004 01:58 AM

FACTS ABOUT DEMI-LICHES:
Immune to all weapons of less than +4 enchantment.
Immune to all spells of Levels 1 through 9.
As for Imprisonment, go find your manual and look up the spell "Imprisonment." Read it carefully, and then read it again. Think.

[ 01-14-2004, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: SixOfSpades ]

Dundee Slaytern 01-14-2004 03:36 AM

If you wish to be spoon-fed, I have a guide on how to deal with Kangaxx. Just click on my signature image for further information.

If you want hints, here are some information that you will not know unless you bite the dust many times the hard way.

1) Kangaxx the Demi-Lich has 90% Physical Damage Resistance.

2) He is immuned to all weapons that are of +3 enchantment and lower.

3) He is immuned to ALL of the SoA spells.

4) Some SoA spells create weapons though.

5) Imprisonment can be resisted by anybody using appropriate countermeasures.

6) Remember, Kangaxx is UNDEAD.

7) ONLY the FREEDOM spell can release imprisoned creatures.

8) IMPRISONED SUMMONS WILL STILL COUNT TOWARDS YOUR SUMMONING LIMIT.

9) After his Demi-Lich Howl, Kangaxx only uses Imprisonment. This is his greatest weakness.

Good luck, have fun.

[ 01-14-2004, 03:37 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]

CerebroDragon 01-14-2004 04:33 AM

Err, whilst we're on this fascinating subject of demi-lichdom, can some kind fellow give me a subtle hint of the approximate whereabouts of the Torso for this quest. I figure its located in the area of the thread in question...but I'm having difficulty finding where exactly. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
I was just going to go to Spellhold and come back for it later, but since I'm still saved in the area, thought I'd just ask. ;)
Cheers.

Link 01-14-2004 06:01 AM

The torso can be found in the Bridge District, unlike the topic suggests. It's near Delosar's Inn, and the 'door with blackness behind it'.

pol 01-14-2004 04:05 PM

My Skald is level 20, Keldorn 17,Anomen 18,
Aries MU 13or14,Mincs18or19, ImoenMU13
No one has 7th level spells

SixOfSpades 01-14-2004 04:20 PM

I can see right now that you've got 3 characters who could take down Kangaxx, alone, provided you think this through.

You need:
A) At least one weapon of at least +4 enchantment (or a 10th-level spell)
B) Some means of attaining immunity to Imprisonment (or a 10th-level spell)
C) Somebody with a Save vs. Death low enough to survive his Demilich Howl (optional)

THINK! (This is not me telling you that you're stupid for not having figured it out already--not in the least. This is me telling you to do it yourself, because you'll gain a lot more satisfaction from beating him yourself than from beating him after somebody gave you all the answers.)

Ares 01-14-2004 05:15 PM

Demi-Lich is in Docks district