Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Ever felt like killing your computer? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92105)

Sigmar 11-01-2004 07:26 AM

Sure you have, everyone has! :D

Having just read Cerek's thread I can relate to how frustrating these things can be at times.

So my question is... have you ever felt like killing/destroying/melting down/crushing your computer, if so, how would you do it?

If there is any amongst us who has actually acted this fanatasy out please speak up! :D

Personally, it's a tie between smashing it with a sledgehammer, and chucking it off the top of the Rock of Gibraltar.

[img]graemlins/evillaughter2.gif[/img]

Callum 11-01-2004 07:28 AM

I would take evrything apart in to the smallest pieces I could... At least I would get a chance to maybe learn something [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Xen 11-01-2004 07:45 AM

I would crash it with Ziroc's hammer +10 Vs. Trolls.

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 11-01-2004 07:59 AM

I'm sure everybody had it at one time or another. I tried to install the software for my HP camera this weekend and I wouldn't work properly.. used to though?

aleph_null1 11-01-2004 08:00 AM

When I got my flatscreen monitor last year, I took the old big one -- which was mostly busted anyway -- and chucked it out out my dorm window into the paved courtyard below.

I live on the 6th floor :D

I used to have an awesome video of the carnage, but I seem to have lost it...

uss 11-01-2004 09:24 AM

I'd gather up my friends and we'd all just drool it to death.

[img]graemlins/1drool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/1drool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/1drool.gif[/img]

armageddon272 11-01-2004 10:23 AM

yeah, my old (and i mean old) computer got a virus one time that wouldn't allow it to start up. by then we were getting the new comp so i found no reason to fix that one, it was doing about as much work as it did when it wasn't broken anyway. i felt like just taking a hammer the size of my body (like the sixth house bel hammer in morrowind) and cartoon-flattenning the thing in one blow. BOOOMMMM!!!!!

Felix The Assassin 11-01-2004 10:30 AM

<font color=cccccc>Since hardware certification is my near term goal. I've had enough with being the IT of my team. The things people do to their computers, either intentionally or not! I have learned a new response, 'darn I hate it when this happens, hope you don't have anything on here you didn't want, because I have to do a complete rebuild'. As opposed to being patient and helpful in the past. I see pc's as a challenge, but once a operator has done a little more than he lets on to having done, I have no mercy. My destruction is blissful when I tell somebody it's down for three days until I can rebuild it!</font>

philip 11-01-2004 11:49 AM

Not after I installed linux and stopped working with windows whenever I can. Now I know it's not the PC but something windows so I'd love to break the disks but well I paid for them and I want to keep them cause then I won't have to buy a new windows when I need one for school or uni next year.

RoSs_bg2_rox 11-01-2004 11:55 AM

Well I suppose there have been times. But if you want computer destruction, head to that link (you can search it on IW) Now that is fun!