Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Cricket World Cup... not so boring as you may think... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84664)

Downunda 03-11-2003 05:11 AM

"link"
Black Caps are in super six! Gotta beat those fellars in yellow and green but we're in the super six (there is such a thing as luck ;) )

GokuZool 03-11-2003 05:27 AM

**cough**

Knowing how good Australia is at every sport ( :D ), I don't even worry if we are loosing. We will eventually come back and win ;) It doesn't matter if the sport is cricket, rugby, swimming, soccer or croquet....you know we're going to win ;)

**avoids punches** ;)

So what's happening in the cricket? I heard Australia is loosing! ;)

(I don't know much about cricket [img]tongue.gif[/img] Football (soccer) is my game, and I am waiting patiently for the 2006 World Cup :D )

[ 03-11-2003, 05:29 AM: Message edited by: GokuZool ]

johnny 03-11-2003 05:44 AM

Eerm... GokuZool, in order to become worldchampions in football, you actually gotta be present at a tournament from time to time. :D

Desdicado 03-11-2003 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Downunda:
"link"
Black Caps are in super six! Gotta beat those fellars in yellow and green but we're in the super six (there is such a thing as luck ;) )

I'm glad to say that I have no Idea what this post even means.
How can watching a game that is played for days and days be interesting?.

Maybe in Oz its popular as you get to sit out in the lovely sunshine for days at a time. In Scotland this would not be an option as half the crowd would have frostbite or be dead half way through the game !.

WillowIX 03-11-2003 05:50 AM

<font color=deeppink>Dang right Dunda! It is even more boring than I could ever imagine! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Test spin bowler? What on earth is that? No no, don´t bother with an explanation. I will leave this thread and start thinking about real sports instead. Teehee. [img]tongue.gif[/img] LOL!</font>

[ 03-11-2003, 05:51 AM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]

Davros 03-11-2003 09:44 AM

I agree Downunda - not the least bit boring [img]smile.gif[/img] . And just when you think Australia is down and out, Bichel scores 64, Lee takes 5 wickets in 15 balls and it's [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] GAME OVER KIWIS :D :D :D

Downunda 03-11-2003 01:58 PM

yeah. sorry about that. :D We'll be seeing your boys again sometime in the near future though and after that we'll start counting chickens ;)

Davros 03-11-2003 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Downunda:
yeah. sorry about that. :D We'll be seeing your boys again sometime in the near future though and after that we'll start counting chickens ;)
We will be seeing your boys again, but that is if and only if you beat the Indians in your final game. I think the only way you can not win that and qualify is if Kenya beats Zimbabwe, AND then Zimbabwe beats Sri Lanka. I think your next match is a virtual elimination match.

Now tell me Downunda - at what stage were you feeling confident last night? Surely at 7-84 your hands must have been rubbing with glee :D ;) :D .

Curlcurl 03-11-2003 05:02 PM

The aussies had it all in hand the hole game, it was a master plan to give the tail some much needed batting practice, also theres a rumour that McGrath had a bet with Waugh that he'd score runs in this years world cup at last after 25 games

wellard 03-11-2003 05:17 PM

G'day

Ahhh the smug gloating of the righteous.....c'mon aussie c'mon :D

Quote:

Originally posted by Johnny:
Eerm... GokuZool, in order to become world champions in football, you actually gotta be present at a tournament from time to time. : D
Johnny don’t get bogged down by little details [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img] .We all know that if the world had not ganged up on us to stop us going then that cup would have been ours. ;) [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]