Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Ouch! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90336)

SpongeBobTheDestoyer 06-15-2004 12:58 AM

I am in some serious pain...okay, I'm a little bit of a sissy too. Anyhoo, I had a basketball game tonight and got nailed with a shoulder right in my throat, hard. It hurts everytime I swallow or take a deep breath. Talking is a little uncomfortable also. I took a couple of Advil(mainly for my body because I was undercut also, landing on my hip bone and elbow), and I'm putting ice on my neck right now. I'm also using some of that sore throat spray as well.

Now I know how the bad guys feel in those crappy Steven Seagal movies when he shoots that palm right up into their neck.

Nanobyte 06-15-2004 01:34 AM

I'd say give it a day. If it still hurts tomorrow, you should consider seeing a doctor.. or something.
Or it could be nothing, I'm no professional.

Lauren 06-15-2004 01:39 AM

Ouch, well you may have internal bruising and a bit of swelling on you neck at the moment (or on the inside of the neck), so it will hurt for a while...a good way to ease the pain and to bring out the swelling and bruising, is to put a warm pack (not a cold pack) on where your throat got hit and it will help. It may ache for a minute or two but it will help [img]smile.gif[/img]
Hope you are feeling better soon! [img]graemlins/crazyeyes.gif[/img]

SpongeBobTheDestoyer 06-15-2004 02:44 AM

Thank you, I hope it gets better really soon because I'm starving!

Stormymystic 06-15-2004 03:11 AM

drink warm broth. or soup or something warm and liquid

Black Baron 06-15-2004 06:14 AM

Beware, should you have a swelling inside your throat, you are in danger of suffocating!!
See a doctor right now.

Dragonshadow 06-15-2004 07:18 AM

Hope you're okay.
Take Baron's advice. Don't want you suffocating on us.

Cloudbringer 06-15-2004 08:42 AM

Yikes, that sounds pretty uncomfortable. Be careful and if you don't feel better, just like everyone else said : See a doctor!

Bahamut 06-15-2004 08:50 AM

Wow a VERY physical game that was...

Yeah you better ask around about that throat of yours... get well soon [img]smile.gif[/img]

SpongeBobTheDestoyer 06-15-2004 09:15 AM

Well it's a little better this morning, but not much. I'm definately gonna try some soup now, the question is - chicken noodle or french onion? I think I'll go with the french onion.

I do NOT want to go to the doctor. I haven't been to one in several years, maybe I have a phobia. I figure most of the time all they do is just look at you and state the obvious, why pay for that when you can just wait for your ailment to go away. Pretty dumb but that's my outlook.

Thanks for all your words of encouragement BTW.