Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Darkstone (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   2 questions (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33442)

Robert 11-18-2001 12:56 AM

Just to reiterate two points or questions...1)On level 25, there is a sack of grain that when I get close, an x shows up in my information box. Any ideas on how to move it or anything? And 2)If I can't get anymore potions or anything, either by buying or finding throughout the levels, should I just give up and start over?

Mouse 11-18-2001 04:16 AM

I cannot think of any quest that involves a sack of grain, so if you have got all the crystals I would tend to ignore it.

As for starting over, if the PS version is like the PC version, then you have the chance to play through some of the other quests and get your character to a high enough level to take on Draak. Honestly, it's not a failure if you cannot kill him after your first runthrough. For example look at this screenshot from WZ's site. In it he is level 54, but has not killed Draak even once lol :D

Keep playing and have fun

Robert 11-18-2001 04:09 PM

Its totally obvious that the Playstation and computer games are TOTALLY different. I thought I was hot stuff cuz my character has 44 AC. I havn't had a chance to try again, yet...will let you know how it went when I post my obituary...LOL

Robert 11-20-2001 03:01 AM

About the sack of grain...what if there is an awesome sword under it or something???

Mouse 11-20-2001 01:55 PM

Trust me on this one, I have never heard of anything coming from the bags of grain (except little puffs of dust if you hit them [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Move on to more mayhem and slaughter..... [img]graemlins/crazyeyes.gif[/img]

Robert 11-20-2001 08:36 PM

Okeedokee smokey...but I am still convinced that it wouldn't be there for no reason. Don't be mad, though...because you have been a great help! Does anyone else have any ideas or suggestions regarding the sacks of grain?

Mouse 11-21-2001 02:26 AM

No problem [img]smile.gif[/img] . It's entirely possible that the PS version has some use for the bags of grain not included in the PC version...(doubt it though [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

WZ 11-21-2001 05:33 AM

Same here, no use for those sacks on my PC version. Trust me it drove me nuts I spent hours and hours on them :D

WZ 11-21-2001 05:37 AM

BTW I don't like killing Draak it doesn't earn any exp :D It seems even a goblin gives more :D Yeah I always restart in the higher difficulty level as soon as I unlock it. I love the challenge the Legend mode is. Gonna start Standing Stones again soon, I went to D2-LoD for a while but dropped it (lags like hell), and came back to my beloved Darkstone :D

DAVE-GoS 11-21-2001 06:54 PM

You did well my friend... There's nothing like Darkstone till NeverWinterNights is out !!!

Nowadays Diablo II is just about finding items and know who has the biggest character... nothing to do with real good adventure and mysterious quest solving [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]