Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   POLL! Most favourite storm spell! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32421)

LiOnHe@rT 09-21-2003 02:51 AM

finally, a poll after a long wait. so here it is:- which storm spell, including Whirling Devrish and Bloodbath, is ur most favourite one? this means that which storm spell do u think has the best animation and is extremely powerful at the same time! :D
let's hear ur stands!

moiraine sedai 09-21-2003 10:30 AM

I tend to like the icestorm spell the best, along with whirling dervish. Never could be bothered casting bloodbath...Could someone describe it? A screenshot, perhaps?

Moiraine Sedai

bsftcs 09-21-2003 05:29 PM

I think the firestorm and the icestorm spells are equally good. If a monster is immune to one spell then one can just use the other.

The whirling dervish is definitely the most well-animated.

And Moiraine: When casting the bloodbath spell there comes a high-pitched sound just like the one that sometimes comes in the haunted walls of Shurugeon Castle. There also appear some red spots on the screen and then the monsters take damage (and perhaps die) while the hitpoints of the caster keep dropping until they reach one.

The animation is nothing special, but it can be an effective spell when facing multiple enemies.

LiOnHe@rT 09-22-2003 07:57 AM

a more exact definition:- the red spots look like explosions of blood that fill the screen everywhere. there'll be blood explosions here, there, in front, behind the enemy, EVERYWHERE! when ur caster's hp reduces to 1, the spell does only 1 damage to all enemies for the remainding time left.....

So So 09-22-2003 12:01 PM

I'd have to say that Icestorm is one of my all time favorite...However, I find that BloodBath is one of the most useful with my Assassin(who has about 10000 hp....God Bless char editors)...After I get swarmed I usually cast BloodBath and Great Heal (with my Assassin's parry and avoiding skills nothing can land a hit...) and two bloody explosions later everything is usually dead.

And hands down Whirling Dervish is one of the best animations in the game.

LiOnHe@rT 09-24-2003 02:08 AM

sorry i forgot to add...
i LOVE icestorm coz it does a good amt of damage and it's partially area-damage too. did anyone happen to notice that the 3 storm spells, Firestorm, Meteorstorm and Icestorm, have different damaging techniques? Firestorm is good at both area-damaging and spell damage, while Meteorstorm is extremely poor at area-damaging but it's spell damage when it DIRECTLY lands on an enemy is immense! Icestorm is a balance between both area-damaging and spell damage...
could anyone correct me in case i made any mistakes?