Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Talk about music. (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91523)

Stockholm Syndrome 09-07-2004 04:17 PM

Well, here i go;...
U2, The Cat Empire, Blink 182, Tenacious D, Franz Ferdinand, Keane, Norah Jones, Bob Marley and the Wailers, Meat Loaf, UB40, Within Temptation, The White Stripes, Green Day, Good Charlotte, Jimmy Eat World, The Cure, Weezer, Blues Brothers, Enya, Coldplay, Guns 'n Roses, Rolling Stones, Muse, Jefferson Airplane, Cat Stevens, The Mama's & the Papa's, Sweet Lorraine, Golden Earring, Toto, The Monkees, The Animals...and i probably forgot a few...

Stormymystic 09-07-2004 05:13 PM

should I answer this properly? :D well, try and explain this as simple as possible...when I can hear music, I prefer either heavy metal or country, yeah I know very mush contrasting...but what I mean by the when, is mostly I am deaf, I have my good days when I can hear pretty well, then days like today that I can hear nothing :/ anyway, that is about it [img]tongue.gif[/img] oh and I explained this so that you will not have to ask like everyone else how I can hear music if I am deaf ;)

[ 09-07-2004, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: Stormymystic ]

Vaskez 09-07-2004 05:18 PM

Whatever you guys [img]tongue.gif[/img] the facts speak for themselves : I opened a new website near the end of July for american rap translations into Hungarian. The site has had over 11000 hits since then and everyone seems happy with the site. http://www.rapszovegek.tk for anyone that cares, but you won't understand it anyway (except for dplax) heh.

Ilander 09-07-2004 05:29 PM

I listen to metal. I listen to classic Rock and Roll. I listen to modern Rock. I listen to Punk. I listen to a little bit of Jazz. I listen to modern Irish instrumental, Indie, and Classical/Romantic era Orchestral compositions. I listen to operas. I listen to older country. I listen to choral music.

I don't listen to pop, rap, or R&B.

Vaskez 09-07-2004 05:35 PM

there is no hope for mankind [img]tongue.gif[/img] :D

dplax 09-07-2004 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Vaskez:
for anyone that cares, but you won't understand it anyway (except for dplax) heh.
Just gave you another hit on the website. :D

Looks good enough for those who don't speak english in Hungary and want to know what the music is about. Although I have to say I won't be a frequent visitor. If you need to ask why, check my earlier post in this thread. :D

edit for a stupid typo

[ 09-07-2004, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: dplax ]

Vaskez 09-07-2004 05:46 PM

of course, I didn't expect you to be since a) you speak english b) you don't like rap, you're not the target audience [img]tongue.gif[/img] :D

dplax 09-07-2004 05:49 PM

Quote:

of course, I didn't expect you to be since a) you speak english b) you don't like rap, you're not the target audience [img]tongue.gif[/img] :D
At least I understand the website. :D That means I qualify more than 99.9% of Ironworks. ;)

Melusine 09-07-2004 05:50 PM

I listen to classical music mostly, but also to some pop, rock, metal and indie.

Classical:
<font color="CC3399">Mozart, Bach and Beethoven, of course. Lots of Vivaldi too, especially vocal works. Rachmaninoff, Tchaikovsky, Prokoviev, Shostakovich, Borodin, Sisask, Pärt, Dvořak, Janaček, Bartók, Kodály, Górecki, Grieg, Pergolesi, Rossini, Fauré, Poulenc, Messiaen, Chopin, Dupré, Delibes, Purcell, Britten, Vaughan Williams, Glass, Tallis, Byrd, Campion, Eisler, Schütz, Orff, Wagner, Gershwin, Bernstein, Andriessen, Sweelinck, etc. etc.</font>

Non-classical:
<font color="66CC33">Faith No More, Switchblade Symphony, Recoil, Mr Bungle, Muse, Portishead, N*E*R*D, Radiohead, John Cale, Type-O-Negative, Lamb, Dead Can Dance, Motorpsycho, Interpol, The Mars Volta, Nevermore, Queensryche, Nick Cave, VNV Nation, The Sisters Of Mercy, Queens Of The Stone Age, Outkast, Travis Morrison, Angizia, The Mission, Depeche Mode, The Tea Party, Orgy, Placebo, Franz Ferdinand, Emperor, Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Smashing Pumpkins, Fields Of The Nephilim, Guns N Roses, Dream Theater, etc. etc.</font>

[ 09-07-2004, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: Melusine ]

Gangrell 09-07-2004 05:57 PM

Quote:

there is no hope for mankind [img]tongue.gif[/img] :D
*bitch slaps you with mechanical arm* [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Give it up Vaskez [img]tongue.gif[/img]