Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   hot stuff! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91850)

Gabrielles blades 10-07-2004 01:11 AM

mmm
so i tried a restaurant that opened up near me recently...
called tijuana flats
they sell mexican food and have a line of hot sauces you can put on the food
I tried something called endorphin rush, to me it was *reallly* hot! my mouth felt like it was truly burning up!
this sauce is rated at only 34000 sku though...
tobasco is rated at 2500
but! that leaves there being sauces that are rated at 1,500,000 sku left to try!
naturally i serioudly doubt i can handle one that is rated that hot...
But! that leaves me to wonder, whats the hottest sauce you guys have ever had? did it taste any good? (i hear the hotter they are the less good they taste)

Hivetyrant 10-07-2004 01:20 AM

Hmmm I think I tried a sauce around that strength at a Mongolian resturant, but I have never tried anything even close to 1,500,000 sku.

Dave_the_quack 10-07-2004 01:31 AM

Sorry, but what does "sku" mean?

Gabrielles blades 10-07-2004 01:59 AM

the scoville units system
scotch bonnet are at around 300,000
jalapeno are 4,500
(which is rather surprising considering i always thought that jalapenos werent as hot as tabasco sauce)
and i also that that the endorphin rush was hotter than the scotch bonnet pepper i ate once
so its all very subjective i guess

Sigmar 10-07-2004 04:09 AM

Ultra Chilli sauce "The Raging Inferno",

A spanish brand, I tasted one drop and I had to drink two jugs of water before it reached a bearable level of pain.

Mind you I am a wuss when it comes to spicy foods.

As for the level...definately far more than Tobasco, I'd be lying if I told you a specific number.

Bozos of Bones 10-07-2004 04:31 AM

Man, I love spycy foods! Hottest I ever tried? I think it was a chilli w/ garlic, quite fluid, at 125000sku. I wish I have access to Wasabi somewhere where I live...

Lady Sedai 10-07-2004 07:46 AM

In my experience, yes, the hotter the pepper the less the actual taste, but the bigger that endorphin rush, so the more people will eat the hotter stuff...for the "high" afterwards. ;) [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I don't know the sku for it, but I tried some of the Hooters' "Hell" sauce and my mouth went numb, LOL. Plus, my bottom lip swelled up. [img]tongue.gif[/img] (I'm technically "allergic" to the oils in hot peppers ;) ).

As for diluting the burn...water is the WORST thing you can drink when your mouth is on fire. ;) Water just disperses the oil more evenly around your mouth. Next time, Siggy, drink milk (which neutralizes the heat) or hold a piece of bread in your mouth (to absorb the oil on the surface of the skin in your mouth) or both. ;)

And Gabrielle's - it is my belief, as well, that everyone reacts differently to the different peppers. Some can eat a jalapeno and it blow their mind, others can munch on Scotch Bonnets all day and not blink an eye. ;)

RevRuby 10-07-2004 09:10 AM

i know a child who at 1 yo would drink the juice from the jalapeno jar for fun. unfortunately tho it seems that as children get older they lose their tolerance. erilyn used to eat the salsa from our fave mexican restaurant (run by hondurans no less) but now she licks her chip and puts it back.

Sir Kenyth 10-07-2004 12:20 PM

One of the best things for pepper burn is to drink an alchoholic beverage. Swish a little tequila around your mouth and chase it with a frozen margarita. :D If it doesn't wash it all away, at least it will eventually numb the pain!

Bungleau 10-07-2004 01:01 PM

Years ago, I developed the Law of Conservation of Peppers. It's a corrolary to the Laws of Conservation of Matter and Energy, which state that there is a finite amount of matter and energy, and you can never get rid of either; you just convert it from one to the other.

The Law of Conservation of Peppers states that every pepper has the exact same amount of hotness, or spiciness, inside it. The larger the pepper, the more diluted the hotness. The smaller the pepper, the more concentrated.

This law was postulated when I went to a grocery store in Mexico and bought a tiny can of tiny peppers... yeeeeeeowchhhh!!!! :D