Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   The OFFICIAL Ironworks Football World Cup Thread--Part III (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79578)

Sazerac 06-16-2002 06:08 AM

The Part II thread can be found here.

The Original thread can be found here.

Carry on! [img]smile.gif[/img]

johnny 06-16-2002 06:12 AM

stop fighting guys and enjoy the matches. Anyway, all of you are lucky Holland isn't around to kick all your behinds. :D :D :D

Megabot 06-16-2002 06:29 AM

Football AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Helspanth 06-16-2002 06:40 AM

Yes back to football discussions I hope.
So far Germany,England and Senegal have made it to the next phase of the World Cup.
Coming up next today we have Spain-Ireland.
I really hope that Spain wins against the Irish.They(the Irish) play probably the worst football in the competition IMO.No offense to any Irish fans out there.Just my personal thoughts.
Should Spain qualify they play with the winner of S.Korea-Italy.
Anyway GO SPAIN!!!!!

[ 06-16-2002, 06:42 AM: Message edited by: Helspanth ]

johnny 06-16-2002 06:43 AM

Adelante muchachos [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

Helspanth 06-16-2002 06:47 AM

Nice to see Spain supporters around!
Johnny how did the Netherlands manage to be eliminated from the qualification round?
I mean you are one of the traditional powers in Europe.I found it strange that you were not qualified.

Memnoch 06-16-2002 07:07 AM

I would hope that all ribbing and gamesmanship on this thread can be kept FRIENDLY. If you feel that someone is starting to get annoyed, be gracious and STOP the baiting as there is nothing to be gained from people getting into arguments over a sport that we all love. And finally, don't dish out what you cannot take. [img]smile.gif[/img]

VAMOS ESPANA!!!

johnny 06-16-2002 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Helspanth:
Nice to see Spain supporters around!
Johnny how did the Netherlands manage to be eliminated from the qualification round?
I mean you are one of the traditional powers in Europe.I found it strange that you were not qualified.

i'm not sure but i think they somehow underestimated Ireland, 3 days before that match they beat England 2-0 and everyone was confident we would beat Ireland as well....and then the team choked. I still can't believe it. It's a shame Bergkamp isn't an international anymore, picture a frontline with V. Nistelrooy, Kluivert and Bergkamp and with Hasselbaink and V. Hooydonk as substitutes. They should blow any opponent right of the field. Ah well, onward to Portugal 2004, we'll be back. :D

Dundee Slaytern 06-16-2002 07:43 AM

Spain: 1
Ireland: 0

Helspanth 06-16-2002 08:52 AM

Casillias saved a penalty kick that was the referee's gift to the Irish.
The result remains 1-0 for Spain.