Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   The Most Chilling Thing. (C130 Gunship mpeg) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84797)

Charlie 03-18-2003 04:01 PM

This video from an AC 130 Gunship at work in Afghanistan.
Using rockets to target single individuals. It's hard not to put your feet into the shoes of those on the ground in the video. What a terrible scenario.
Chances are the guys running were cheering their heads off when the people in the twin towers were slain in cold blood so you have to distance yourself.

Nevertheless....It is the most chilling thing...

http://24.222.24.6/misc/AC130_Gunship.wmv

[ 03-19-2003, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

Night Stalker 03-18-2003 04:08 PM

Z posted this a while ago. For clarification ..... those are regular shells, not rockets.

Charlie 03-18-2003 04:24 PM

Rockets/Shells, the bloke on the receiving end doesn't care. Chilling either way.

realbinky 03-18-2003 04:26 PM

Notice the care we (! as if I was there) took to avoid the Mosque. And checked for clearance on the building >1 times.

Ladyzekke 03-18-2003 10:40 PM

eh, never seen this particular video before. It does seem a LOT of fire power was used for just fleeing individuals. Do the bombers know who those individuals are? terrorists?

Ziroc 03-19-2003 12:05 AM

BTW, I just uploaded the HIGH RESOLUTION version of this footage.
Here ---> Click Here to Watch High Res version

Someone on another Forum posted the below, which I kinda agree with. War IS hell. I'll agree.
--------
There always have been and always will be those who oppose the actions that their government takes to protect them. Even as those who view this video as barbarous and cruel sit at home and post their opinions, our sons and daughters are taking the fight away from our door step and stopping our enemies before they can strike again.

The loss of any human life is a tragedy. But when you are dealing with an enemy who will stop at nothing, including suicide, the murder of innocent civillians, children, mothers, the eldery, to destroy you and what you believe in, there is no other option. This is a cruel reality of the world we live in.
The human beings who died in this footage are militant forces hostile to the US who brought this upon themselves. Thier demise was of their own doing. Their fates were sealed when they killed our friends and families in a ruthless and cowardly attack on civillians last September. They started this fight. We will finish it on our terms before our foes have another chance to attack our nation.

The US military is the biggest, baddest, most effective element of diplomacy that has ever existed. It’s use is always a calculated final option to any problem. I do not question the integrity or the professionalism of the crew who were flying this mission. There is no finer force on earth that I would rather have covering my six. To those who oppose this, remember what has happened, realize who we are dealing with, and sleep well knowing that these brave airmen and thousands more like them are protecting all of us, including the cowards.

[ 03-19-2003, 12:24 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

Donut 03-19-2003 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ziroc:
...................... including the cowards.
Do you think the original poster believes all who oppose a war against Iraq at this time are cowards. If he does he an idiot!

/)eathKiller 03-19-2003 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Charlie:
Rockets/Shells, the bloke on the receiving end doesn't care. Chilling either way.
Well yeah but if they were using rockets people'd be dying alot faster [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Then again perhaps that would be the meciful thing to do? so perhaps by using shells it's like being merciless? hmm... Interesting questions raised by more answers...

Either way :D fun to watch, great footage thanks for you and Z for showing that off...

Nachtrafe 03-19-2003 09:07 AM

EDIT: Removed, because I felt my post was unnecessarily harsh. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-20-2003, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: Nachtrafe ]

Attalus 03-19-2003 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ziroc:
To those who oppose this, remember what has happened, realize who we are dealing with, and sleep well knowing that these brave airmen and thousands more like them are protecting all of us, including the cowards.
Hm, I read it that "including the cowards" would not necessarily include everyone in the protest movement, but those of them that are, and are not opposing the war on moral grounds.