Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   here a fun question... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88592)

Stormymystic 11-25-2003 05:17 PM

my husband asked me what i would rather have, an X-Box, Game Cube, or Playstation 2, now i wonder why he would ask this ;) anyway, i want your oppiniongs, since I am at a lost on what I would rather have, with pro's and con's on them if you own them [img]tongue.gif[/img] anyway, I want all 3, but now gonna get it, lol

dplax 11-25-2003 05:25 PM

I would rather have an X-Box or a PS-2.

wellard 11-25-2003 05:38 PM

It's just a ploy so he can get more time at the computer [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Tell him you want your PC updated insted [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img] and with a couple of new games ;)

J/K

johnny 11-25-2003 06:06 PM

PS2, more games, at a cheaper price. ;)

Stormymystic 11-25-2003 06:11 PM

Thanks Johnny :D and Wellard, he will never get that, and he knows it, bt we were wanting to get a newer game system, and the computer has been updated 3 times now, so I do not want anything else yet, cuz what I want is gonna cost more than a game system ;) pus, I am gonna have a friend build me one like his, he has a home made super computer, that runs pretty much everything else n the house :D

slicer15 11-25-2003 06:12 PM

Well, I own both a GameCube and PS2, but avoid the X-Box like the plague. ;) Microsoft, you understand...anyway: -

The GameCube is very good. It has stunning graphics, cute discs ( [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) and is extremely compact. Moreover, the old cable for the TV is compatible, if you owned an N64. The games themselves vary greatly, and you can't really judge a console by the games anyway...but there are a great many good ones out there. Also, following the trend of the N64, it supports 4 players rather than the PS 2 player only. Oh, its cheap now too, cheaper than a PS2 here in the UK (may be different in the US). One problem I've heard of is that it overheats easily because of an inefficient fan, but I haven't had any problems, and I have left it on for over 4 hours.

The PS2 is great too, backward compatible with the PS1 and has great graphics as well. It is a little heavier and bulkier than the GC, but boasts a larger variety of games available as well as popular classics like Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Tekken etc. Plus it's a DVD player which can make it a better choice than the GC, but it only supports two players. Another bonus to the PS2 is that you will only ever need one memory card (all 8MB) for the PS2 games, maybe two if you have over 10 games. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Seriously. The official GC memory card, being only 4MB, won't last long. I recommend getting an unofficial memory card at 16MB, which should be enough. And I emphasize unofficial simply because both official controllers and memory cards are at ridiculous prices.

I'm not sure what I'd rather go for personally, but I did have the PS2 first (mainly because it came out first) but I haven't regretted the investment in the GC. I guess you'll have to make up your own mind on the actual choice, I hope my answer helped!

PS: Oh, the X-Box is bulky, heavy, the controller is uncomfortable and most games are available on PC shortly after being released on the X-Box. Yes I loathe Microsoft. :D

Stormymystic 11-25-2003 06:20 PM

yeah, that helped alot [img]smile.gif[/img] cuz now I think I know what I will get first, seeing as how we were going to be buying a DVD player anyway, why not go ahead and by the PS2, and have it and the game system :D

slicer15 11-25-2003 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Stormymystic:
yeah, that helped alot [img]smile.gif[/img] cuz now I think I know what I will get first, seeing as how we were going to be buying a DVD player anyway, why not go ahead and by the PS2, and have it and the game system :D
Yeah, The DVD player is a nice quirk. Plus, now you can get diferent colours too! Like silver (drool), blue, red etc...then get the GC. :D

Just kidding...

Anyway, enjoy your choice!

Stormymystic 11-25-2003 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by slicer15:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stormymystic:

Yeah, The DVD player is a nice quirk. Plus, now you can get diferent colours too! Like silver (drool), blue, red etc...then get the GC. :D

Just kidding...

Anyway, enjoy your choice!
</font>[/QUOTE]cool, it comes in colors now? yippe, I love red :D
and to let everyone know, we have had DVD players before, 3 times, and each time my parents "borrowed" it, and then put them in pawn, and lost them

Firestormalpha 11-25-2003 06:46 PM

Me personally? I'd say either PS2 or Xbox, but with your kids in mind I'd go with Gamecube myself.