Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   How the the hook who can't sing into the stadium (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101884)

Felix The Assassin 02-07-2011 07:49 AM

How the the hook who can't sing into the stadium

Did anybody else notice the mishap in the National Anthem (from the so called grammy winning singer)?

Target 02-07-2011 08:23 AM

Re: How the the hook who can't sing into the stadium

No, what happened? DId the forget the words, tune or something?

Bungleau 02-07-2011 10:02 AM

At least she was better than Roseanne...

SpiritWarrior 02-07-2011 10:10 AM

LOL. Yeah there've been way worse. I also hate when they try to "make it their own" but overdo it.

Bungleau 02-07-2011 02:59 PM

On the positive side... this story contains two videos of an 8-year-old girl singing the national anthem at a minor league hockey game. In the first, the wireless microphone cuts out... in the second, they brought her back with a wired microphone.

So yeah... it can be done right. And I think I will tune in to the 17 Feb game between the Lightning and Red Wings where she'll get to sing it in the big leagues. I'll watch it for my Wings anyway, but that will raise the bar a bit higher.

Felix The Assassin 02-07-2011 05:37 PM

WOW, you guys really make it clear that the nation, and this website, is in a dire straits!

It was a given she would over coo and woo it to make it her own. It's a tough gig, and it was also understandable she was breathless at the end and had to suck air to finish, got it.

The fact she screwed up and completely missed a verse, and inserted a different verse is what makes this the worst performance ever. Sure Roseanne screwed it up, but there was a reason, and she did a well enough job on her represent, however, there should never be an excuse for a paid performer to screw it up in the first place, and if so, NEVER get an opportunity to represent, EVER!

However, I guess many here are clueless, don't care, or don't know the anthem well enough to know what and how the two bit hook (w/o the er, (thanks mod)) screwed up. Sadly, most foreigners caught it!

VulcanRider 02-07-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Target (Post 1244588)
No, what happened? DId the forget the words, tune or something?

Yep, she forgot the words. Also tried to add her own "style" to it. IMO that just made it worse. Wonder how much they paid her for that appearance? I'd push for a refund...

Instead of some "superstar" I'd rather hear the Cactus Cuties, a group of 6-8 yr old girls.

Hindsight 02-07-2011 09:11 PM

Yes, we Canucks caught it anyway.

Edit:
Sorry, when I say "we" I meant "they"; I couldn't really care less about football. :)

Hivetyrant 02-07-2011 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felix The Assassin (Post 1244607)
WOW, you guys really make it clear that the nation, and this website, is in a dire straits!

U mad bro?

Felix The Assassin 02-07-2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hivetyrant (Post 1244614)
U mad bro?

Nope, not at all. :)