Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Valygar Tactic (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11688)

Xero279 02-15-2003 10:55 PM

alright, some of you might have allready noticed this, but for those who havent here it is: (WARNING: May Contain Spoilers)

Alrght, i found a use for valygar other than just getting into the planar sphere. i went to the temple district, into the gaurded compound, and got the celestial fury. Now, once you get Valygar he is proficient in Katanas, long bows, single weapon style, maybe one other, and two weapon style. Now, instead of just havng him use his bow and his special katana, i found a new use. i gave him celesial fury in his first hand, and moved his personalized blade into his shield slot, making him duel wield. NOW, i know what your thinking, so what, we have done this before, but i dont think you understand the power this combo presents! the celestial fury has a special ability with a % change of stunning the victim, his special katana poisons them and makes them "bleed out" were they take damage constantly. this beauty of this, is that his special katana makes the bleed constatly, then the celestial fury stuns them and makes them stand still while you can hack em away with other chracters while they bleed, and valygar moves on to the next enemys to do the same to him while archers/casters/other fighters take the stunned and bleeding monster out while they are incapacitated. QUITE a good tactic, especially for those pesky regen characters.

I dont care if you know this tactic or not, you are gonna read it again and like it [img]smile.gif[/img] j/k lol. anyways, hope i helped some people out there find a great new tactic. cheers

Xero

Xen 02-16-2003 04:55 AM

<font color="yellow"
Thanx.Didn`t know that.

Cheers [img]smile.gif[/img]

Xen

</font>

Link 02-16-2003 05:50 AM

*runs off to get Valygar* [img]smile.gif[/img] thanks Xero, I didn't knew that either. Then again, I never had the Celestial Fury either. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Gangrell 02-16-2003 06:15 AM

Huh, never really thought of that, but... then again it's too late for me too. Already carted him over to the Cowled Wizards, but maybe another time eh? I'll try it sooner or later I think, never really used him because I never thought he was all that powerful.

But thanks.

Sir Exxon 02-16-2003 06:46 AM

<font color="gold">Nice tactic, Xero. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Haven't thought of that one before. [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>

Xero279 02-16-2003 04:18 PM

ha, no problem! im suprised no one has noticed this before, especially sir exxon.. hes a veteran! now, if six of spades comes and said hes never noticed it either.... THEN i know something is wrong lol.

SixOfSpades 02-16-2003 09:11 PM

*enters on cue*

Although I must say that I HAVE used Valygar before, and quite a bit, and have always been satisfied with him. Who cares if he only has a x3 Backstab, when his THAC0 practically ensures a hit every time? His armor is excellent, and even better with Weimer's Upgrade MOD. (And is a natural winner when combined with the Mana Bow.)

As for Dual-wielding the Celestial Fury, I'd rather stick the Crom Faeyr into the mix, to ensure the greatest potential for hits, which equates to more Stuns. I don't mix 2 offensive weapons when Dual-wielding (except Belm & Kundane), I always have a passive or a defensive weapon in the offhand.

Not that I'm disparaging the Corthala Family Blade--it's grand. There doesn't seem to be a single enemy in the game immune to Bleeding damage, (just what type of damage is Bleeding damage, anyway? Poison?) it'll kill Trolls (the easiest-to-obtain Troll-slaying melee weapon in the game, IMHO. To get the others, you've got to buy or steal 'em from Bernard, or take out Draug Fea, or kill Trolls), and it will also kill -- get this -- Gaseous Forms! Yes, I have actually killed a Gaseous Form with the Bleeding damage from the CFB. Nifty.

[ 02-16-2003, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: SixOfSpades ]

Xero279 02-16-2003 10:54 PM

i think bleeding counts as poison, because when attacking it will say "Troll Poisoned", which is why it cant kill trolls. very usefull [img]smile.gif[/img]