Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   The OFFICIAL Ironworks Football World Cup Thread --Part II (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79381)

Helspanth 06-10-2002 09:09 AM

The game between Belgium and Russia is do or die for both of them.It should be interesting...

Helspanth 06-10-2002 09:17 AM

And now Rui Costa scores! 4-0 for Portugal.

Davros 06-10-2002 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Helspanth:
And now Rui Costa scores! 4-0 for Portugal.
I would still prefer to be in the US position - a draw with winless Poland will be enough for them.

Portugal will have it tougher, with a do or die elimination game against the home side South Korea. There can be only one (assuming USA get their point).

Kakero 06-10-2002 10:38 AM

Portugal won by 4 - 0 against Poland. With such a result, makes you wonder how the heck did they manage to lose to US in the first place?

Donut 06-10-2002 10:51 AM

And I won £60 on the Portugal match by buying the total goals at 2.8 for £50 a goal.

And I've got Pauleta in the fantasy football competition in the pub!

Memnoch 06-10-2002 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kakero:
Portugal won by 4 - 0 against Poland. With such a result, makes you wonder how the heck did they manage to lose to US in the first place?
Probably because the US tactics never allowed the Portuguese to get into their game. Poland looked listless in any case and I think that the US have a good chance of doing them over.

South Korea have a mountain to climb now - but the US showed that you can do it against Portugal.

Vamos Espana!!!

Lanesra 06-10-2002 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Davros:
Comment from the Aussie analyst - the US have been amazingly efficient in converting their opportunities. He said that the US had only constructed about 10 meaningful attacks over the two games, and to convert 4 of them was fantastic reward. Sounds a little double edged, but he said it with intended enthusiasm for US prospects.
Davros ,what channel do you watch the games on?

johnny 06-10-2002 03:20 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kakero:
Portugal won by 4 - 0 against Poland. With such a result, makes you wonder how the heck did they manage to lose to US in the first place?[/QUOTEi think they underestimated the US, i don't think something like that happens to them again.

Lanthir 06-10-2002 03:52 PM

Well I hope russia advances I would hate to see what they would do if the got eliminated. Shoot just lossign a game sent them into riots with a policeofficer stabbed cars tourched and worse a bystander killed and mutilated and that was just in Moscow

I ahve to give the Sk credti. They are in excellent shape. By the 75 minute the US looked very very tired while the Sk was running all over the place I just wish we hada beter player to put in defense then Agoos. Everygame he seems to make at least one big error and a lot of smaller ones that the others manage to cover up.

Oh about portugal they seem to make aq big deal out fo their Golden Generation and how they won the 1990 and is it 92 also youth champoinships. What they do not seem to bring up agreat deal si that Donovan was the MVP of the youth tourny and beasly was the runner up to him one year

[ 06-10-2002, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: Lanthir ]

Helspanth 06-10-2002 04:10 PM

I think that Portugal had underestimated the US.
The Portugal I saw today didn't have anything to do with the Portugal of that match.
Plus the US team was really determined in the first game and they played to win.