Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   The OFFICIAL Ironworks Football World Cup Thread --Part II (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79381)

Memnoch 06-14-2002 05:48 AM

Here's some news from CNN about the effect of England's progression to the second round:

<font color="silver">
Supermarkets have reported an increase in sales of mouth fresheners and breath mints, as employees try to hide their drinking from their bosses. Hangover cures are also selling briskly, along with beer, wine and pizzas.

</font>

Donut...! :D [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 06-14-2002, 05:49 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Donut 06-14-2002 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Memnoch:
Shame England couldn't manufacture a goal against Nigeria, then they would have played Senegal in the 2nd round, then possibly Turkey or Japan in the quarters. As it is, they've got Denmark in the 2nd round, then probably Brazil in the quarters. It's a shame they can't seem to score goals despite having Owen up front. I wonder what the problem could be? Hmm...

:D

Not sure what you are saying here Memnoch. Do you mean that you would rather support Senegal than Denmark?

I can understand your comment about Owen - it must be just like watching Liverpool with Heskey and Owen up fro........ zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Sorry, I dropped off for a bit there! :D :D

Memnoch 06-14-2002 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Donut:
[QBNot sure what you are saying here Memnoch. Do you mean that you would rather support Senegal than Denmark?

I can understand your comment about Owen - it must be just like watching Liverpool with Heskey and Owen up fro........ zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Sorry, I dropped off for a bit there! :D :D [/QB]
That was my point! If only Gerrard and Murphy had been fit...they would have provided the Dynamic Duo with a steady stream of possession... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Donut 06-14-2002 06:28 AM

Quote:

That was my point! If only Gerrard and Murphy had been fit...they would have provided the Dynamic Duo with a steady stream of possession... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
And if my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle!

Memnoch 06-14-2002 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Donut:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Memnoch:

And if my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle!</font>[/QUOTE]On the plus side...Gerrard and Murphy not being there will make it easier for Brazil, I guess...Brazil seem vulnerable to teams that can score... :D

[ 06-14-2002, 06:48 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

the new JR Jansen 06-14-2002 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ar-Cunin:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by the new JR Jansen:
We're through 'sigh of relief'. After the debacle against Tunisia and the match against Japan, in wich we could have done better too, we won this one against Russia. Now Brasil is next.

Good Luck - you're going to need it ;) </font>[/QUOTE]Thanks, i guess. We'll definatly need some luck but on the other hand, who thought that Senegal would beat France in the first match ? It's only one match so anything is possible and besides, Brasil hasn't impressed me sofar. Denmark and Spain did however.

Lanesra 06-14-2002 07:40 AM

POLAND 2 USA 0

Ar-Cunin 06-14-2002 07:44 AM

Quote:

On the plus side...Gerrard and Murphy not being there will make it easier for Brazil, I guess...Brazil seem vulnerable to teams that can score... :D
Eh... Memnoch

Don't you think that England have to beat Denmark tomorrow before you can discuss England vs. Brazil

A saying about bearskin comes to mind :D

P.S. USA have just gone behind 0-1 against Poland

EDIT: make that 0-2!!

[ 06-14-2002, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: Ar-Cunin ]

caleb 06-14-2002 07:44 AM

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! A end to the media shoving soccer down our throats. GO POLAND!

Lanesra 06-14-2002 07:58 AM

jaou Pinto sent off for Portugaul