Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   The OFFICIAL Ironworks Football World Cup Thread --Part II (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79381)

Yorick 06-13-2002 09:24 AM

ITALIA ARE THROUGH!

Oh man, a traditional scrape through for Italia. Man, they give their fans heart failure!

Donut 06-13-2002 09:25 AM

Oh dear! How sad is this? :D :D

From the BBC:

Denmark could be without leading scorer Jon Dahl Tomasson for the clash against England on Saturday.

Reports from the Far East suggest Tomasson has been carrying a thigh injury for a while.

Tomasson, who has scored three goals in his side's three group games, missed Thursday's training session, as did Sunderland goalkeeper Thomas Sorensen.

Former Denmark international Jan Molby said: "It's a massive blow for Denmark.

"All indications are that he will probably miss the game, He is the only player we can't do without.

Davros 06-13-2002 09:28 AM

Gee Donut - that makes you look like the favourites......

and we all now what happens to those don't we (Argentina, France, ...) ;)

Ar-Cunin 06-13-2002 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Donut:
[qb]From the BBC:

Denmark could be without leading scorer Jon Dahl Tomasson for the clash against England on Saturday.

Tomasson, who has scored three goals in his side's three group games, missed Thursday's training session, as did Sunderland goalkeeper Thomas Sorensen.

[qb]
Actually Tomasson scored four (4) goals in the group stage. And we still have Ebbe Sand in the attack - but it will still be a blow to us.

Seen from a danish perspektive, the loss of Sørensen in goal would be worse, as the replacements have no international expirience whatsoever.

[ 06-13-2002, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: Ar-Cunin ]

Ar-Cunin 06-13-2002 10:55 AM

Another day is over and four more teams are ready for the next stage

Brazil, Turkey, Mexico and Italy

Final Standings groups C

Brazil..........11-3....9
Turkey........5-3.....4
Costa Rica...5-6.....4
China..........0-9.....0

and G

Mexico.......4-2.....7
Italy..........4-3.....4
Croatia.......2-3.....3
Ecuador......2-4.....3

Although Brazil won all three games I'm not all that impressed - they had the easiest group and had the victory against Turkey gifted to them. We'll see how the do in the knock-out stage.

And I won't count out Italy - they were robbed against Croatia (by a danish linesman :( ). I'm sure they be ready for their next match(es).

And now the discusion can begin - which was the World Cup's worst team - Saudi Arabia or China?

[ 06-13-2002, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: Ar-Cunin ]

Suzaku 06-13-2002 11:01 AM

D&H get decided tomorrow (here)...wait to see what happens.

Korea, USA, Poland, Portugal

Russia, Japan, Tunisia, Belguim

Go soccer! :D

Helspanth 06-13-2002 11:12 AM

What are the knock out pairs?
I know Senegal-Sweden,Denmark-England,Germany-Paraguay,Spain-Ireland.
What are the others?

Lifetime 06-13-2002 09:52 PM

Booo to Mexico for such an uneventful finish! That has to be a first in World-stage football. I've never seen such a terrible embarrassment to the game before. Passing the ball around for 4 minutes...terrible attitude..

Kakero 06-13-2002 10:32 PM

and the italian players only watch at mexican players passing around the ball. how boring....

Hayashi 06-14-2002 04:08 AM

Latest scores, about midway thru' the 2nd half:

Japan leads Tunisia 1-0
Belgium & Russia tie 1-1