Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   3D Modeling, Artwork and Discussions (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Second Preview of Sci-fi comic -- Intruders on Earth (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79158)

Ziroc 10-28-2003 03:23 AM

Got a few requests to see some more, so here is the next page:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/hosted...preview_02.jpg

[ 10-28-2003, 03:24 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

Stormymystic 10-28-2003 09:46 AM

now just wish I could see all of it [img]tongue.gif[/img]

pritchke 10-28-2003 12:18 PM

<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#00FF00"> Impressive!!!! It is very much like the TV show "War of the Worlds".</font>

[ 10-28-2003, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]

Xen 10-28-2003 01:34 PM

Great job Z! You area one HECK of an ARTRIST! Keep up the good work! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Sir Goulum 10-28-2003 09:50 PM

Cmon, Z! Don't leave us hanging! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

RoSs_bg2_rox 10-29-2003 06:52 AM

Thats is class, NICE!!!

Ziroc 10-29-2003 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by pritchke:
<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#00FF00"> Impressive!!!! It is very much like the TV show "War of the Worlds".</font>
This comic is based on that TV series!! (But season 2 never happened in this timeline). It's not a continuation of the TV show, but a totally new beginning, and all the main stars are in it. (Blackwood Project) and Norton.. Ironhorse and the Advocates. [img]smile.gif[/img]

As soon as I finish this up, I'll post the entire comic to read!! I actually modeled each 'actor', and applied their actual photograph of their faces on the 3D Modeled head. Very detailed, and took forever, but the end result was worth it--you'll see them soon.

I actually drew (by hand) this comic (I made 13 issues) around 1989, and now, I am basically redoing them, and the story (with some slight changes/additions) in 3D.

More soon! [img]smile.gif[/img]

dplax 11-03-2003 02:37 PM

How much time does it take to make a picture like this?

Ziroc 11-03-2003 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dplax:
Well, over they years I have created a huge library of 3D Models, and when I started on this, the humans were the hardest.. I used Poser 4, and brought their meshes into trueSpace, and added textures and stuff, but once all the modeling is done, it takes a few hours each day--3 days usually, then I drop in extra effects, clean up artifacts in Adobe Photoshop, and drop in the balloon texts.

I am doing this all in 300dpi too, so I have to render out the scenes at 1600x1200 for size reasons. [img]smile.gif[/img] Gonna print them when I'm done and sell them (the digital versions will be free to read).

dplax 11-04-2003 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ziroc:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dplax:

Well, over they years I have created a huge library of 3D Models, and when I started on this, the humans were the hardest.. I used Poser 4, and brought their meshes into trueSpace, and added textures and stuff, but once all the modeling is done, it takes a few hours each day--3 days usually, then I drop in extra effects, clean up artifacts in Adobe Photoshop, and drop in the balloon texts.

I am doing this all in 300dpi too, so I have to render out the scenes at 1600x1200 for size reasons. [img]smile.gif[/img] Gonna print them when I'm done and sell them (the digital versions will be free to read).
</font>[/QUOTE]WOW. That is a lot of work for just one page. Keep the good work up. I am looking forward to seeing more of this here. Looks really good, and nothing like I could get.