Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   How Clean is Your Keyboard and Mouse? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91916)

Ladyzekke 10-14-2004 07:42 PM

Do you clean them regularly? Or never do? Mine I clean regularly, it just drives me nuts if either one are dirty. I clean mine actually daily at work LOL, because I don't know who has been on my PC, might be someone who is sick and put their germs all over my desk, (boo on them!). Heck I've cleaned my keyboard at work so much that I've almost cleaned off the letters LOL (black keyboard). I've known many at work though who never clean their keyboards, they are just full of dust and crumbs and if the keyboard is white, the keys are all blackened, etc. Mouse usually is the same, with black marks on the sides and on the buttons. I just can't live with that LOL! I'm so anal about my keyboard and mouse, at home and at work. I'll let the vacuuming go sometimes at home, but never the keyboard, strange LOL.

How about you? What does your keyboard and mouse look like right now LOL?

[ 10-14-2004, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

RoSs_bg2_rox 10-14-2004 07:46 PM

Well I have a load of keyboards for a host of computers, but I don't really clean any much. My black keyboard is usually clean, since I take care not to eat to near it etc. This one I am typing on right now is white, but has gone a bit dirty. I do occasionaly give it a clean, which makes it go back to white, but only maybe a handful of times a year.

I never clean my mouses. They never seem to get dirty.

johnny 10-14-2004 07:47 PM

I cleaned it today, so it looks all nice and shiny, but yesterday there were little spots from Coca Cola over the CTRL, ALT and SHIFT buttons, little crumbs of doritos under the spacebar, and i had a dirty ball :D from nicotine on my mousemat. But it's all peachy now.

The Hierophant 10-14-2004 08:48 PM

Totally encrusted with dust and filth. As is most of my bedroom. I despise cleaning.

Dron_Cah 10-14-2004 08:56 PM

My keyboard is ancient, so it will never be better than "off-white," again. Mouse is newer, though, and it seems clean, to me. What do you use to clean your keyboard, LZ?

Ladyzekke 10-14-2004 09:03 PM

I go to the grocery store, or drug store, and buy some of these wipes. One is Clorox Wipes (the green one smells pretty nice), or the Lysol ones. You can clean them pretty good with those. ;)

aleph_null1 10-14-2004 09:17 PM

Keyboard is a healthy brown / beige color (started out white). Never found the need to clean it, and it's just full of food crubs & cigarette ashes.

My mouse, however, I clean religously: I've never bothered to get an optical mouse, and I clean out the ball / tracks probably once a week to keep it running smoothly.

Luvian 10-14-2004 09:28 PM

Both of mine are on those little rack that you use to put keyboard on, and I'm prudent not to drop anything in it.

Lauren 10-14-2004 09:47 PM

Heh heheh... well just ask my keyboard and mouse yourself... I'm sure the think layer of dust will give the answer away...lol hehe :D

Dajjer 10-15-2004 12:02 AM

I get the old can of air to clean mine on that rare occasion, but really, keyboards are so cheap they are almost disposable.