Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Life lessons (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50391)

Rikard T'Aranaxz 01-19-2001 02:54 PM

Do you have a life lesson to teach us or something that you live by?

the one i got is

Money a tool to achieve a goal
Money can never be a goal itself

something like that
i made that up at the moment my ten year old cousin asked money for his birthday
so young
so spoiled

i got more
but i forgot

Ladyzekke 01-20-2001 12:20 AM

The old saying "what comes around goes around" is a fact. If you do something wrong that effects someone else's life in a bad way, it will come back to you in some form, one way or another. On the flip side, if you do something good that effects someone else's life in a positive way, good luck will shine on you. Every action has a reaction.

Nabus 01-20-2001 12:36 AM

"Dope can better get you through times with no money, than money can get you through times with no dope"

Nah, just kiddin', read it in an old american magazine or something.
Anyway here's a bit more serius: "It's not about what you get out of life, it's about what life get's out of you"

Moiraine 01-20-2001 12:43 AM

Right now, I am thinking of "Beware of what you ask, you may get it"
(I don't know if it is the exact English expression, I translated quite literally from French),
since I seem to often be getting what I asked for, but never the way I thought it would come
(which is not a problem, since I love surprises anyway !)

Zoratorak 01-20-2001 07:36 AM

hmm... the only wisdom i can give you... "Never think of the problem at hand, always think of the solution" ... and that is what i have been doing ever since i got that quote from my favorite series of Terry Goodkind... simple words yet powerful when acted... i guess this saying helped me do some hard things (like homework) while my other pals are just moaning why me? or why so many? well... its not gonna be magicaly blown away and the problem will always be there...

a piece of wisdom to you all...

Ladyzekke 01-20-2001 05:15 PM

That's a good one Moiraine! It's like "I wish I didn't have to pay these huge gas prices" and then your car dies and your taking the bus! Doh!

Rikard T'Aranaxz 01-20-2001 05:24 PM

People are never satisfied
i learn that in my short life

anyways
i got another one also came as i was examining my cousin

The lesser people get, the more they aprisiate the true gifts of live (like friendship and love)

Drake 01-20-2001 05:31 PM

"give a man a fish and fead him for a day but teach a man how to fish and fead him for life"
In the most basic way of putting it. It means when you help some one you should really help them not just give them a simple one use answer that just puts them back in the spot. I like that saying.

GibbMeister 01-20-2001 05:36 PM

Hey, Drake..I have a slight modification for the one you posted. A computer science teacher once said this to me..

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day,
Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime,
Teach a man how to teach himself to fish and he will become a hunter when the lake dries up.

Yorick 01-20-2001 05:41 PM

Hey Gibbmeister I've always wanted to say this:
I don't like the cut of your Gibb!

I sort of answered this thread in Memnochs 'what's in your name thread'. Should I copy it in here anyone?