Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Which class should i play next?? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34392)

uss 07-25-2002 05:47 PM

I´m currently playing with a Wizard(In the middle of Chapter 2) and i intend to finish the game with this guy..
This is sooo wierd! Ive thought very hard about what character should i play with and have so far made about 7 characters!!!! all of them are level 3 except the Wizard..
So, my question is this: After i finish the game with my Wizard, which class should i pick? I thought that maybe i should make a Cleric or Druid but i`m not sure. I also want to try a Paladin and a Monk and a Bard and a Barbarian :D please help!

Gammit 07-25-2002 06:24 PM

I would pick either a Barbarian or Rogue next, since they are very different from a wizard. If not, I would go with either a Paladin or a Bard... very different. I suggest avoiding druids or clerics... you just finished with a spellcaster, so why not pick a class with primary attributes that are a bit different?

uss 07-25-2002 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gammit:
I would pick either a Barbarian or Rogue next, since they are very different from a wizard. If not, I would go with either a Paladin or a Bard... very different. I suggest avoiding druids or clerics... you just finished with a spellcaster, so why not pick a class with primary attributes that are a bit different?
Yeah, but the spells are very exciting and i`d like to see my Druid with the shapeshift ability [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img] If i`d have to choose from only warrior classes, i`d choose Paladin so that *might* be my next candidate [img]smile.gif[/img]
btw, thanks for replying [img]smile.gif[/img]

Werdna 07-25-2002 06:37 PM

Monks rule! :)
Heh, seriously, I just started playing a wizzie, and I'm getting my butt stomped into red goo a lot. (I usually play fighter types) Fun, but I'm getting tired of dying. Help me get out of the battle-rage!

Shadow101 07-25-2002 07:19 PM

use the monk and make some crazy ninja guy

psyangel 07-25-2002 07:55 PM

personally i think you should be a fighter,it is the most versatile of the classes,because it comes with "heavy armor proficiency" and can learn some good power enhancing feats.

Also think about making a level 14 fighter mixed with a level 6 sorceror. This can make a mean combination of power and magic.

Nerull 07-25-2002 08:08 PM

If you want to go more combat-oriented, but still want to keep spellcasting, go with a cleric. They can use heavy armor, you can take Weapon Proficiency-Martial to have them use the stronger Martial Weapons, and the healing helps at lower levels. Also, their spell list have some decent offensive spells at higher levels (Harm, Destruction, Fire Storm, Implosion, Storm of Vengeance, etc.). The defensive spells are great (Spell Resistance, Regenerate, Aura v.s. Alignment, etc.). The Animal domain gives you stronger summons, and some of the other domains (air, earth, fire, death, healing, sun) are strong.

Morgan_Corbesant 07-25-2002 08:32 PM

monks are awesome. also, try a ranger/thief. they get to be POWERFUL! especially against humanoids. the sneak attack is a god-send!!

AndyG 07-25-2002 10:28 PM

If you've played a wizard, you probably want to play a character that can use all the weapons and armor you sold last time. As much as I like monks, they can only use a small subset of the gear available. Go with one of the full fighting classes and have fun.

uss 07-26-2002 11:02 AM

Thanks alot, guys [img]smile.gif[/img] . I have decided to play a Paladin. And after that, a Druid(because of all the druid spells and Shapeshifting [img]smile.gif[/img] ).