Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Magic Path of Crypt (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32987)

fiffa46 03-29-2005 09:17 PM

ok, I don't get it. I'm sure I am doing something really stupid or something but I can't seem to get it to work. I read the walkthough on the Ironworks site and it said

Skip down if you don't wanna read this part

to walk forward through the central fire/ then back threw it, then aorund the edge. But when I try not only does the gate drop down but some of my people always die. How am I suposded to get though and what am I doing wrong.

jsalsb 03-29-2005 10:08 PM

See if this helps, till some wiser sage logs on to respond...

do as it says, walk (or judiciously run) thru the central fire, then back, then around the edges, *BUT* heal your party often between the fires! There's no time constraint here, so long as you don't step through the central fire again before hitting all the peripheral fires. So slow down and think and heal... When you get to the gate, it should be open.

I *think* that's the answer! I always take the warrior's path myself ;)

Kynaeus 03-29-2005 10:25 PM

Same, that one is kind of hard, run through the middle flame and get through the gate. Of course, I just threw a box under the grate [img]smile.gif[/img]

Bungleau 03-29-2005 10:54 PM

That one is tricky. I usually use the crate option. Carry a crate and run as fast as you can straight through. With luck, the gate crashes on the crate and pops back up. With better luck, you slip through before it comes back down again. Usually, though, it gets me and I just heal up again afterwards.

Seems to me you can also duck into the alcoves on the side and heal up in there, but I don't remember for certain.

Oh, and this is a *really* great place to prepare and cast the holy spell of reverse time. All you need is a savegame just before entering the fires, and you're set [img]smile.gif[/img]

Radek 03-30-2005 02:37 AM

I am always using the following way:

1. Avoid the central fire! It heals but it also resets the fire puzzle.
2. Enter the fire puzzle and go around the wall to the first lever. Click it. Heal yourself.
3. Go back around the wall and continue around the wall to the second lever. Click it. Heal yourself.
4. Continue around the wall to the exit from the fire puzzle. You should see that both fires near the exit are off. If it is the case then the crate will open when you reach it.
If the fires aren't both off then you have done something wrong and the crate will not open.

Notes:
1. The lever on your left switches off the fire on your right, the lever on your right switches off the fire on your left, and the central fire switches both fires on.
2. If you are dude who need not heal on the way through the puzzle then take into account 30 - 35 HP loss before you reach the exit :D

jsalsb 03-30-2005 06:34 AM

Hi Radek -

Aren't you describing the warrior's path? The one with the switches? I think I must have them mixed up then!

Radek 03-30-2005 06:56 AM

No. The Warrior's Path is the one without switches, with the Spirit of Warrior immune to all magic and with the Ankh of STR. The Mage's Path is the one with switches, with the ghost vulnerable to magic and with the Ankh of INT.

As far as the Warrior's Path is concerned, there is a very simple way of passing the fire puzzle:

1. Look at the end of the puzzle. You should see a closed grate. If it is open then skip the next step.
2. Enter the first fire and retreat immediately. You will get hurt by the fire but the grate at the end of the puzzle will open.
3. Run directly forward. No need to solve any puzzle. The grate at the end of the puzzle will open and close and it will be opened when you reach it.

bsftcs 03-30-2005 07:49 AM

There is a small bug in the game in that the Spirit of the Wizard drops the Jindol of the Warrior and vice versa. That might have confused you. It certainly confused me to the point where I always use the crate option mentioned by Bungleau.

fiffa46 04-02-2005 09:08 PM

hmm.....do you normally run or do you have to press something in order to run? Omg I feel like such a noob.

DinkumThinkum 04-02-2005 10:00 PM

Hold down the Shift key to run! :D (See the back of the manual or the Options menu for other keyboard controls.)

P.S. I'm new here too; just nice to actually see something I know the answer to. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-02-2005, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: DinkumThinkum ]