Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Al-Sedexus problem (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46730)

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 09-01-2004 06:55 AM

Al-Sedexus doesn't like either of my 2 Rawulf Priests. She just says they are not right for her. Has anybody ever had this issue?

Target 09-01-2004 07:02 AM

Are your Rawulfs male?

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 09-01-2004 07:13 AM

No, but that doesn't matter. I always take an all female party.

Kylospylon 09-01-2004 07:32 AM

Hmmm... interesting, but then again she IS a Demon and they ARE Priests, I can see how their relationship might become "complicated". [img]smile.gif[/img]

And aren't Priests supposed to be celibate?

[ 09-01-2004, 07:34 AM: Message edited by: Kylospylon ]

J'aran 09-01-2004 07:37 AM

What are your characters' scores in strength and vitality? I've personally never had this problem, but I always understood that miss Rapax takes on only big and strong guys (or gals, if no male characters are present).

No RPCs in the party? If you can't get around it any other way, you could always recruit an RPC just for this part of the game.

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 09-01-2004 07:42 AM

RPC's don't work. I'm pretty sure of that 'cos all you'd have to do is drop them after the ceremony.
Both Priests have (checking)
Priest 1: Str 93, Vit 72
Priest 2: Str 98, Vit 80
Pretty good I think.

J'aran 09-01-2004 08:12 AM

Hmm, yeah, that shouldn't be the problem then.

But I remember hearing from several sources that male RPCs (except RFS-81, he apparently doesn't have the required hardware) work if all PCs in the party are female. In fact, I believe that a female PC will only work here if she's completely solo, so two or more female PCs would probably need to hire a male RPC for becoming Templars. But that's only IIRC from reading some FAQ or other.

Flamestryke 09-01-2004 08:44 AM

Al-Sedexxus will not accept RPCs of any kind.

Variol, are you sure you are clicking on the portraits of the char? I know that sounds foolish but I had this happen once. I had a male for her too. I had the portraits retracted and when I thought I was clicking on him I was actually clicking on his weapon. If you haven't tried already extend the portraits out and try offering her a sacrifice again.

Needless to ask I am sure, but all Canezou items are equipped on this one char right?

[ 09-01-2004, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: Flamestryke ]

Wereboar 09-01-2004 12:52 PM

If you have only female characters, you can offer one of them.

Al-Sedexus never accepts RPC's, and she doesn't accept females if there are male character present (even male RPC's). RFS counts as male (he can't wear female-only items). So to get it work, you must dismiss all male RPC's, including RFS.

Stats don't matter. Her speach 'one of your strongest' is a hint to use a male vharacter.

Scatter 09-01-2004 02:29 PM

Wereboar's right, J'aran's not.