Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dragon Age™ Origins (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Return to Ostagar (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101244)

Sparhawk 12-26-2009 11:29 AM

Return to Ostagar

I am a bit in distress - I was hoping to play the return to Ostagar this holiday season - but alas it is still not released - is it just me or are they playing with my feelings?

Did the holiday season not start yet?

robertthebard 12-26-2009 01:02 PM

Re: Return to Ostagar

It has indeed started, but it is not over yet. As with all things in the gaming industry, they want to get it as flawless as possible, not to mention any changes that may have to be made to the main campaign depending on when the player actually has to go back. Unlike some player made mods, they do have to account for dialog at the Landsmeet that may come out you do get a chance to go back to Ostagar before you go to the Landsmeet. Who knows what you may find?

Sparhawk 12-26-2009 01:34 PM

Sheesh...I s'pose you are right Rob it just bugs me as I am really looking forward to this ( I haven't even finished the game yet as I am stuck on the broodmother )

SpiritWarrior 12-26-2009 01:40 PM

I've a feeling in the next few days we'll see it.

robertthebard 12-26-2009 05:48 PM

Yeah, as somebody that did some developing in NWN's, I can tell you, sometimes even the simplest script can be a pain in the rear. When you start having to make possible adjustments to the main campaign for an add in, it can really wreak havoc. After every patch to NWN's, it was entirely possible to spend 8 hours going over scripts to make sure nothing got baked. It was worse after expansions. Then, no matter how careful you were, somebody would find a bug you missed. Good times.

I'm hoping it will be out soon, I'd like to run it at least once to see what comes about from it.

Luvian 12-27-2009 02:26 AM

I heard that it was going to come out around the 3-6 September, which seem like a strange time to release it.

Sparhawk 12-27-2009 03:29 AM

Aye Rob I know...I worked on WoW in Europe ( no developing though ) and geeez it could be a pain when we had to test the realms with new content.

Luvian - SEPTEMBER??? ( killing my caps button ) - That almost a year away?

SpiritWarrior 12-27-2009 04:03 AM

Perhaps an XPac in Sept. but this DLC is supposed to be out during the "holiday season" according to the site. An expansion would make more sense, because it was around the same time DAO was released and, is before christmas.

Chewbacca 12-27-2009 10:49 PM

This would be a good week to release DLC...[/wishful thinking]

Luvian 12-28-2009 02:19 AM

Sorry I meant January! :o