Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   I have work experience tommorow. What did you do for your work experience? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73785)

Sigmar 03-03-2002 04:07 PM

Well first off I'm assuming that every school has a work experience program (a program in which you go to work for a week, part time). I'm starting tommorow (in a hospital) and I was wondering, what did other people do and did they enjoy it. So that's my question, what did you do and did you enjoy it?

[ 03-03-2002: Message edited by: Sigmar ]</p>

Campino 03-03-2002 04:15 PM

Hi Sigmar,

Think of your work experience as lessons you can't learn from
books.It's an opportunity to see how it looks like once you finish school.I hope it will be a very interresting week,let us now how it went!

Barry the Sprout 03-03-2002 04:17 PM

I did mine in a magistrates court, which was boring at times but very interesting for the most part. That was back in the day when I thought Law might be fun to look into. What was I thinking...

But anyway, it was good as it gave me a chance to see the way the court worked from the inside (not that I want to see any other kind of side, obviously ;) ). I learnt a lot about the English legal system in that week.

Did you know that it is an offense to highjack a crane? Well you do now.

Sir ReGiN 03-03-2002 04:24 PM

In 7th grade I worked in a daycare for dogs :D
In 8th grade I worked in a chamistry lab where they made glue and rubber :D
In 9th grade I worked at a printing-house.

So now you know everybody, tell your friends!

Aelia Jusa 03-03-2002 07:41 PM

I worked at my dad's office with his public relations lady. It was beyond awful, but I did learn an important thing about myself - I never ever want to have to work in an office with cubicles. I was so claustrophobic, it was horrible. But I did buy some nice shoes one day on my lunch break, which made it a little better :D . I want to be psychologist, but of course you can't do work experience in that field, due to confidentiality and such :( .

Epona 03-03-2002 07:49 PM

We have work experience here in the UK, but I didn't do any. It's not essential - and I never wanted a career or anything like that, I figured I would spend enough time in my life working - so why start before I had to?

Gabriel 03-03-2002 09:03 PM

I worked as Lab assistent.
Great fun, add liquid A to liquid B and equal a cloud of semi-deadly gas, worked on many projects and took home lots of intressting things some that I was allowed to.

*\Conan/* 03-03-2002 09:18 PM

Remember to apply for internships well in advance you guys. They seem to fill up very quickly, many months in advance. It really pays to have a little focus anyways ;)
Good luck Sigmar, hospitals are tough.

Blade 03-04-2002 03:05 PM

well we don't quite have that type of program but we do have a job shadowing program that is very simular you go and follow somebody around at work for a day. Anyway i did mine in the tech department at a hospital and got to see there server and router farm very cool.

Sir Kenyth 03-04-2002 04:30 PM

Back in my day they had shop classes. I learned welding, mechanics, electronics, torch work, auto body, etc. They don't have stuff like that any more. :(