Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Drow society (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91241)

Lady Blue03 08-12-2004 01:13 AM

<font color=pink>Careful dear...she might go werewolf on your butt and do something naughty with her tentacles [img]graemlins/littleangel.gif[/img] </font>

[ 08-12-2004, 01:15 AM: Message edited by: Lady Blue03 ]

Calaethis Dragonsbane 08-12-2004 01:16 AM

Yah... she's a drow all right. A kinky werewolf drow. Have you ever heard of a drow-werewolf before? What is their status in Drow society? Wouldn't it be cool to have an army of them! Yeah, cool! :D Man, that ideas so cool we should do it. Anyone wanna do an RP with a drow werewolf army? Yeah!

Encard 08-12-2004 09:07 PM

Bah, drow werewolf, I've seen shinier. After all, Dracne #2 was so much better (you remember him, I think, DP... our D&Dified-Alternity-system drow-vampire friend with the fire and the sword and large amounts of violence? [img]tongue.gif[/img] ).

As for published drow, I'd have to say Pharaun, from the War of the Spider Queen books, personally.

[ 08-12-2004, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: Encard ]

Calaethis Dragonsbane 08-12-2004 09:11 PM

I remember Dracne... *gloweres*

Attalus 08-12-2004 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
I remember Dracne... *glowers*
LOL, there's a story here, to be sure (hi, CD [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img] )Anyway, you are all wrong, [img]tongue.gif[/img] the coolest Drow ever is my friend Viconia DeVir. Take a bow, sweetheart! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

Encard 08-12-2004 09:56 PM

Hehe, yep, there is indeed a story there... But I think I'll let DP do the honors of telling it. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Viconia's a fun character, I'll admit, but as much as she was cool in BG2, she really doesn't have the flair for some of the WotSQ characters, like Pharaun, I'd say.

Attalus 08-12-2004 10:38 PM

Bah on WotSQ. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Viconia rules. Heck, she's even domesticatible.

/)eathKiller 08-13-2004 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by J'aran:
There's nothing a Drow ever did in D&D which hasn't been done before by a human in reality.

Meditate on that one for a bit. :D

Human spider cultists that eat their own children and live deep deep underground amongst giant spiders? I dont remember that in a history book...

Attalus 08-13-2004 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by J'aran:
There's nothing a Drow ever did in D&D which hasn't been done before by a human in reality.

Meditate on that one for a bit. :D

Human spider cultists that eat their own children and live deep deep underground amongst giant spiders? I dont remember that in a history book... </font>[/QUOTE]Now that's funny. Good one, /)eath. ;)

Calaethis Dragonsbane 08-14-2004 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Attalus:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
I remember Dracne... *glowers*

LOL, there's a story here, to be sure</font>[/QUOTE]Oh, indeed.

Quote:

Originally posted by Encard:
Hehe, yep, there is indeed a story there... But I think I'll let DP do the honors of telling it. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Gee thanks. Fine. I'll tell it. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Long story short, the first time I rped, I played an elf with the same name... and Encard's Dracne, a vampire, (which is incidently "Encard" spelt backwards), were on opposing sides, and he fried a certain part of my character's anatomy, making his voice somewhat higher pitched... I don't think I need to go into further detail, do I? ;) .

Anyway, in another game - one I was actually running - Encard recreated him, in drow form - still a vampire, and well, theres the history.

Quote:

Originally posted by Attalus:
(hi, CD [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img] )Anyway, you are all wrong, [img]tongue.gif[/img] the coolest Drow ever is my friend Viconia DeVir. Take a bow, sweetheart! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Hi to you too! [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img] Hmm, you might actually have a point. *ponders*