Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Building a Computer (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89178)

myungbass 01-28-2004 12:54 PM

hey folks. i havent been on in almost a year and in 2 months im off to the Air Force. I was wondering tho, before i leave could anyone and everyone tell me a good way to build a computer? when i get to tech school i want to have a sweet-@$$ computer and i wanna build it, so any pointers, websites, ideas, brands etc. would be greatly appreciated and helpful. I may not be back for a while after i leave so i DO wanna say that this is the best forum ever and i missed it while i was gone and ill miss it when i leave. Rock on folks!

myungbass 01-28-2004 12:57 PM

P.S. If anyone has been in the Air Force or any branch of service with the job "signal intelligence" please please please tell me what to expect. Im still a little in the dark. but if its not acceptable on this thread, ill start another one just for responses to the Airforce part.

Paladin2000 01-28-2004 12:57 PM

Go to Epinions. They have lots of stuff on reviews, from complete PC to various parts.

myungbass 01-28-2004 01:03 PM

that was possibly the quickest response ive ever gotten:-p...thanks man. any other pointers are welcome as well!

Illumina Drathiran'ar 01-28-2004 01:48 PM

::considers making a tongue-in-cheek remark about soap, but bites tongue and instead smiles brightly:: Good luck and be safe!

T/-/alali 01-28-2004 07:41 PM

My cousin builds computers in his spare time, I'll ask him about good parts and such.

Paladin2000 01-28-2004 10:54 PM

Actually, before you start to build your dream PC, you need to decide a few things first:

1. What role is the new PC going to be? Power gaming platform? Work? (Excel, Words, internet etc.)

2. Your budget?

3. Intel or AMD CPU?

Harkoliar 01-29-2004 02:42 AM

Quote:

Actually, before you start to build your dream PC, you need to decide a few things first:

1. What role is the new PC going to be? Power gaming platform? Work? (Excel, Words, internet etc.)

2. Your budget?

3. Intel or AMD CPU?
good one paladin

also you can check the reviews at toms hardware website. (just search for it in yahoo or google)

myungbass 02-28-2004 01:51 PM

Hey sorry im bringing up old posts but i couldnt log on from my friends computer and i have to use my moms:-{ BUT to answer previous questions even tho nobody prolly wants to listen to anymore, I want to build a gaming computer, under 2K$ and i dont care about the cpu, but ill take suggestions about which is better.:-p SOrry for bringing up old posts again. thanks!

TheCrimsomBlade 02-28-2004 02:24 PM

If I were you I would wait until after Boot Camp.
then Buy yourself PC Magazine and if you have A Books-A-Million book store near you or any good book store, go to the electronics and Computer section and find one of the new books called How to build the ultimate computer. You can find one about Gaming computers or school or business or what every you want to build. It worked for me and now I have me a kick ass computer that cost me around $1K and they sell almost the same one for over $2K at compact and Dell.