Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dragon Age™ Origins (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   party member advancement (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101260)

Kazilan 12-31-2009 03:28 PM

party member advancement

I'm trying to decide on my final party configuration but want to test different people out for the fourth spot. Will my fourth person be considerably weaker than the rest if I go back and forth? As far as I can tell, experience is only rewarded to active party members - is that right?

I really like the dog but am worried I won't get as many interactions with him. Has anyone used the dog and can you recommend either way?

Thanks!

robertthebard 12-31-2009 03:46 PM

Re: party member advancement

You can level them up in camp, at least on the PC. So they'll be the same level all the way across.

SpiritWarrior 12-31-2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazilan (Post 1237043)
I'm trying to decide on my final party configuration but want to test different people out for the fourth spot. Will my fourth person be considerably weaker than the rest if I go back and forth? As far as I can tell, experience is only rewarded to active party members - is that right?

I really like the dog but am worried I won't get as many interactions with him. Has anyone used the dog and can you recommend either way?

Thanks!

I too liked the dog, but yes, you won't get much from him, in the way of dialogue (lol), interactions and abilities. It's more of a pet, I have found. I almost wish you could have dog with you atop your party members.

SpiritWarrior 12-31-2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertthebard (Post 1237045)
You can level them up in camp, at least on the PC. So they'll be the same level all the way across.

How's that work? I amn't far in enough to need it yet, but just wondering is it auto or via dialogue?

Chewbacca 12-31-2009 08:47 PM

Be sure to let dog sniff around the landmark spots in most areas.

Marking My Territory..... Giggity Giggity, Alright!

Luvian 12-31-2009 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior (Post 1237057)
How's that work? I amn't far in enough to need it yet, but just wondering is it auto or via dialogue?

It's not a special trick or anything. Party members get xp even when they're not in your active team.

Kazilan 12-31-2009 11:15 PM

Excellent, so I can switch characters with no worries, then, thanks. The only person I'm keeping 100% of the time is Alistair, the rest I'm not as sure about.

robertthebard 01-01-2010 10:07 AM

To level them up, just go through the character screens while in camp. Those that can level up will have the button lit up. Be careful with that once you get to 14, as it will show they can level up, but it's only for a second spec, sometimes.

Kazilan 01-02-2010 10:03 PM

Ok, this is working great, thanks again.

Follow up question: is it possible to store items anywhere? I can't seem to figure this out and I'm tired of carrying around all these spare ingredients and partial armor sets. Hopefully there's an obvious answer that I'm missing.

robertthebard 01-02-2010 10:10 PM

There is a mod for the PC version in the Projects section that was made on the side by one of the developers that puts a chest in your camp, other than that, you'd need Soldier's Peak, a DLC mod for the chest. The merchants don't lose items you sell, so you could also sell them off to get them out of your inventory, or, alternatively, craft them. Stack size on crafted items is 99.