Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Monks again. Sorry (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4442)

Warby 12-04-2001 04:15 PM

Alright. I've got the monk and he's kickin evil ass. Shame is he's not doing much damage at the same time. I use the Holy might ability and that makes him better but I don't always have time to cast it. Also he can't hide in shadows when he's wearin Keldorns armour(You need charisma of 18 I think or whatever keldorns got. Just wear the ring of human influence. Use it until your own armour is better). If I take it of and hide in shadows then put it back on I'm leavin shadows but still hidden. Not ideal I think you'll agree. What the bet equiqment to kit him out with?. If he wore the ring of gaxx.Giant frost belt thingy and gauntlets of crushing is that best you could have him as?

Warby

Micah Foehammer 12-04-2001 04:28 PM

You could add the ring of protection +3 (forget about the ring of human influence), one of the ioun stones, the sensate amulet and the cloak of the sewers. I think you can end up getting the monks AC down to -18 but I would have to check to be sure!

Don't forget that the monk will eventually have 4 attacks per round with fists (+4), add +4/+4 for the gaunlets, and +7/+12 (?) for the girdle and his base damage is 1d20 (!) with fists!!! Thats 4d20 + 80 points per round!!!

Warby 12-04-2001 05:53 PM

Where do u get the +3 ring of protection.And where do you get the sensate amulate?.Apart from that I'm looking forard to being a god.

Warby

Mordenheim 12-04-2001 06:04 PM

wow!!!!

andrewas 12-04-2001 06:30 PM

Sensate Amulet is from Deirdre in the Adventurers Mart. you need either the latest TOB patch or the baldurdah patch, cause shes one of the bonus merchants.

Ring of Protection plus 3 is from -- ah. i dont know. i remember getting it,(maybe) but i havent a clue where.

Warby 12-04-2001 06:47 PM

Ok what other amulet could I use?. I cant think f another at the moment.
Warby

Synthos 12-05-2001 06:32 PM

Ring of Protection +3 is not in SOA, i think it's in ToB though

Warby 12-05-2001 08:25 PM

Oh right. Well I'm wearin keldorns armour at the mo so I'm more protected than I would be. But I can't hide in shadows which I luv. Just stand my monk behind the bad guys then the other into view. When the bad guys attack I do stunning hit then leave shadows and start the killing. That tactic can stop the bad guy from crowding around you sometimes. Holy might also beefs my monk up. How many people knew he a monk can wear keldorns armour?. I only just found out.

Warby

Dundee Slaytern 12-06-2001 01:34 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Warby:
How many people knew he a monk can wear keldorns armour?. I only just found out.<hr></blockquote>
I do, I found out from an online walkthrough.

BALROGBANE 12-06-2001 07:54 AM

Is that a bug or what?

Top tip though!