Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   And you thought you could beat anything... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58821)

Synthos 11-10-2001 01:06 AM

So you killed Kangaxx, Firkaag, Irenicus, Bodhi and a bunch of other tough creatures, maybe even some TOB monsters.. but a monster (in my case) whooped my butt and probably everyone else that reads this forum... and he's right under our noses... (not elminster..) Renal Bloodscalp..(and a buddy of his who's name I can't recall) Yep, I'm serious.. He's a list of what happened...

I did Renal's quest for the theif stronghold... I had finished Aran Linvail's quests and was just stocking up for the voyage... I thought I'd like another pair of boots of speed, which Renal apparently has.. So I waltzed into the guild... And got my ass royally kicked.. Oh yeah.. Renal and his friend do instant kill every hit, it says:
"7 damage to Jaheira"
"Jaheira Death"
No it's not backstabbing, they're clean and plain visible.. they just instant kill EVERY SINGLE HIT!..
Wow, and you thought the demi-lich was hard? He's carrots and potatoes compared to these guys..

Hmm, I would like to know from everyone if they experienced the same thing...

LennonCook 11-10-2001 01:33 AM

Yes- I have exoerienced this- its an inbiult thing, to stop you from stopping yourself from progressing in your game. If you have finished Arun Linvales quests, you have refused bodhis aid, naturally. If you then kill off the shadow thievs, you will prevent yourself from going onto chapter 4. If you do this, the game will get boring pretty quickly, and i dont think that bioware want you throwing BG2 out of the window...

SecretMaster 11-10-2001 01:34 AM

Yup, it happens. You can't kill him, his buddy in the Shadows comes and whoops you bad. THis is the reason. Say you rejected Bhodi's offer, who will you turn to. You kill bloodscalp, the thieves are against you, thus making you their enemy, and making the game stuck at that point

Melusine 11-10-2001 07:19 AM

The only reason why this happens is because one of the Shadow Thieves (Arkanis Gath) is carrying some sort of Instant Kill sword that deals out massive damage and protects the bearer from almost anything. It's just the game's way of telling you: Don't be stupid. [img]smile.gif[/img] :D

DaFirm19_Inch 11-10-2001 07:54 AM

dae'mn!,... sure like to get my hands on a "instant kill sword"....

But has anyone considered if u got a couple of good hacks together and made ur character almost "god-like", wot kind of outcome would there be,...
hrmmm,....i wonder....

250 11-10-2001 07:58 AM

His name is Gath

I had killed Renal and slipped away under Gath's nose unscathed (ofc, if he scath me, I die)

Melusine 11-10-2001 08:04 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by DaFirm19_Inch:
dae'mn!,... sure like to get my hands on a "instant kill sword"....

But has anyone considered if u got a couple of good hacks together and made ur character almost "god-like", wot kind of outcome would there be,...
hrmmm,....i wonder....
<hr></blockquote>

Simple. You instantly kill any enemy and breeze through to the finale within minutes. Then you realise how immensely boring and cheap your tactic was and reload the game to solo as a Jester. :D

Seriously though, that instant kill sword would naturally take all the fun out of the game. :rolleyes:

Lifetime 11-10-2001 08:07 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Melusine:

Simple. You instantly kill any enemy and breeze through to the finale within minutes. Then you realise how immensely boring and cheap your tactic was and reload the game to solo as a Jester. :D

Seriously though, that instant kill sword would naturally take all the fun out of the game. :rolleyes:
<hr></blockquote>

Think about it though, your only enemy would be load time! :eek:

DaFirm19_Inch 11-10-2001 08:10 AM

umm,..true...but i don't think u got me right....
i meant make urself god-like to face Gath....

250 11-10-2001 08:15 AM

Gath's sword is not instant kill, it is a plain +3 dagger (pretty good by itself, but far from instant kill)