Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   An accidental discovery... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59259)

andrewas 11-23-2001 07:11 PM

In Short a cheat. A crutch for the weak.

I shoudnt even be thinking about spreading this kind of stuff, but then there are so many out there who seem unable to play without a crutch.

So be it.

INFINITE HEALING WITH NO DEBUG MODE, CODES ,SPELLS OR POTIONS.

get an item with a HP bonus. the pale green ioun stone is good, or anyhting with a CON bonus will sometimes work. it depends on wheter you will get an HP bonus from a CON bonus.

it helps if this item will not displace a item that gives extra spells since youll lose them if you havent cast them. this takes place in zero time so ac or other effect loss dosent matter.

equip the hp increasing item. you gain bonuses to you max health and you absolute health goes up by the same amount.

unequip the item. you lose the bonus to max health, but absoloute health stays the same

repeat ad nauseum.

you can take a fighter with 1/200 back to 200/200 in a few seconds with this. the only prob can be if your chars are to spread out and you cant pass the item over.

Memnoch 11-24-2001 09:06 AM

I hadn't heard of that one before...I don't think the patch fixes that. [img]redface.gif[/img]

Xanthul 11-24-2001 09:11 AM

Are you sure it works like that ? I thought that this kind of items improve your maximum hp but dont give you actual hp... but maybe thats in BG1. Im sure ive done the opposite process: if i had a guy equipped with the helm of balduran, with full health (lets say 85/85) and i removed it and put it back then the guy lost health (80/85).

PS: mario can you msn ?

Barb 11-24-2001 09:19 AM

sounds good. I might try that!

andrewas 11-24-2001 08:54 PM

nope the patch (at least official ones) do NOT fix that - and im in ToB with this.

I havent tried this with the helm of balduran. and my games currently locked up and crashes on loading, and reseting will cause a loud beep and wake everyone up. ill check tomorrow since i do have it. to be honest i totaly forgot it had an hp bonus, thought it was just ac + 1.

andrewas 11-25-2001 03:08 PM

embarrasingly, shadowkeeping to get all the old SoA items with a hp bonus reveal that they dont work the same and this trick dosent work. it appears that you will only get infinite healing from an item that gives you a CON bonus. which kinda limits this to ToB only.

now when the forum comes back up im gonna get laughed at.

pity.

Yorick 11-25-2001 03:32 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Memnoch:
I hadn't heard of that one before...I don't think the patch fixes that. [img]redface.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

It's a bug.

Balderdash has a fix for it.

Morgeruat 11-28-2001 04:47 PM

ok, I knew about the trick in Icewind dale, but HoW fixed it :( :( :(

250 11-28-2001 05:49 PM

the trick only works in IWD, I tried in BGII before. it doesnt work

andrewas 11-28-2001 06:28 PM

OK, fine i was wrong. but it still works with CON enhancing items. theres an ioun stone and an axe that i know of,

as i said, ToB only. still, if there is an item like this in SoA, post it here.