Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   thief skills (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59114)

Barloc 11-18-2001 10:13 PM

how high should i go for it to be sufficient (such as being able to open most locks...)

locks - 100?
traps - 100
pick pocket 100
hide ..
quiet ..
set traps ..

Tarox 11-18-2001 10:40 PM

I took Yoshi too
100 everything
but never out anything into pickpocket
Oh and was about 70-80 detect illusions

Barloc 11-18-2001 10:54 PM

is detect illusions really usefull? i can only find 1 use for it, which is the werewolves in the circus tent.

Kingenigma 11-19-2001 12:44 AM

And for the Rakshasa who the Djinns want dead - Jan does the job and goes on about how he sees illusion everywhere, and Adratha (ihtafeer) having tigers head

NOTE: Keldorn seems to identify this as well.
(Minor(?) spoiler)

Dundee Slaytern 11-19-2001 01:17 AM

SoA:

Lockpick: 100%
Detect/Disarm Traps: 100%
Set Traps: 100%
Rest in Pickpocket.

ToB:

Lockpick: 150%
Detect/Disarm Traps: 150%
Pickpocket: Max
Rest in anywhere

Note that I do not use my thieves for backstabbing, so if you want to backstab, it will be different.

Keida de'Bane 11-19-2001 07:15 PM

Yeah, I noticed a lot of people don't use thier thief as a back stabber..me I love it, I am playing a thief mage...and it is a blast...duel welding daystar and Blade of Roses(for now),,go invis, run up behind unkowning sucker,,,whaaaa bam...death, it is however too bad you can not specialize a thief(gauntlets of weapon expertise),,,I really wanted to do a m/f/t but it would take forever to level(unless you solo)(or cheat) just so I could have weapon specilization.
Oh well..and the reason I am playing a thief at all, is because there is not a decent one in the game,,,after I finish, I will d/l the darkest day I heard there is thief(assasin) in that one.
Peace..Long live the Sword Coast. ..

Tokain 11-20-2001 02:39 AM

Detect Illusions has tons of uses! Try using it next time that pesky lich mirror images and misleads. Detect illusion dispels all illusion spells, even invisability. [img]smile.gif[/img]

SixOfSpades 11-20-2001 03:02 AM

Hmm.....right now I'm but a humble BG1 player, but I'm running a party (Multiplayer) that I think would be truly kickass in BG2. I've got a kind of Good Thief/Bad Thief thing going: The Neutral Good Human is going to Dual to Fighter and be the King O' Backstabs, as well as Finding Traps in full armor and I suppose Detecting Illusions as well. The Chaotic Neutral Elven Mage/Thief (whose CHA I hacked down to 4) is the nasty one, specializing in Pockets, Locks, and Set Traps, although he'll be learning the Stealth skills as well, to sneak around to the enemies' rearguard to cast AOE spells. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Tsantlar 11-20-2001 12:19 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> SoA:
Lockpick: 100%
Detect/Disarm Traps: 100%
Rest in Pickpocket.

ToB:

Lockpick: 150%
Detect/Disarm Traps: 150%
Pickpocket: Max
Rest in anywhere

<hr></blockquote>

What is Max? Is it 200? Or does this depend on your level?

Mack_Attack 11-20-2001 12:57 PM

I do not think there is a max you can goto. And if there is it must be high. Any thing over 200 should be enough to do anything you want in the game ie. pickpocket