Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Iraq deploys missiles! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78350)

Dreamer128 03-20-2003 07:32 AM

It would appear Iraq fired half a dozen missiles at Kuwait (spelling). The first one was taken down by an American Patriot, the others crashed in the desert. I'll try to dig up an English article on this.

[ 03-20-2003, 07:32 AM: Message edited by: Dreamer128 ]

Sir_Tainly 03-20-2003 07:40 AM

According to Reuters/BBC there were 2 missiles, at least one of which a SCUD. Iraq has denied owning Scuds saying they were all destroyed in the last war. They have a range which is 4 times that allowed by then UN.

Donut 03-20-2003 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:
According to Reuters/BBC there were 2 missiles, at least one of which a SCUD. Iraq has denied owning Scuds saying they were all destroyed in the last war. They have a range which is 4 times that allowed by then UN.
WHAAAAAAT! You mean he lied to us? I can't believe it! ;)

Sir_Tainly 03-20-2003 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Donut:
</font><blockquote>Quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:

WHAAAAAAT! You mean he lied to us? I can't believe it! ;) </font>[/QUOTE]Oh and btw these things can carry Nuke and BioChem warheads..not that he has those..well at least he says he hasn't ;)

Grojlach 03-20-2003 08:10 AM

Not a very smart move in my opinion... If the US ever needed an excuse to finally start this war, Saddam just handed them one on a plate.

Ronn_Bman 03-20-2003 09:26 AM

I think it will be proved that Saddam has lots of things he wasn't suppose to have. Maybe Iraq could have been disarmed peacefully, I don't deny that possibility existed, but I just don't believe it would have ever happened under Saddam.

Dreamer128 03-20-2003 12:14 PM

Had Saddam destroyed his weapons of mass destruction, what would have protected him from the angry Iraqi population? ;)

Thoran 03-20-2003 12:16 PM

What it sounds like to me is that reporters are automatically calling every missile they hear about a SCUD. Until I hear a military spokesman confirm that they're SCUDS I won't believe them.

IMO Saddam does have SCUDS still... but he's saving them for gassing Israel once he decides all is lost. I hope I'm wrong, but IMO this would be consistant with Saddams modus operandi (sp?).

Charean 03-20-2003 12:22 PM

One thing is certain - we may see a LOT of things Saddam isn't supposed to have very soon. This may have a backlash that Saddam doesn't expect - in regards to the UN.

It was up to Saddam to prove he complied, not the UN to make him do so.

john 03-20-2003 07:32 PM

I did hear this afternoon that they were reported NOT to be scuds ,but smaller and with a much shorter range.But I wouldn't want to get hit by one !