Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Should I buy? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25262)

FelixJaeger 05-03-2003 04:31 PM

I can get IWD2 for £20 but I want to know if its good enough to get or should i stick to BG2?
I kinda need a new game and this sounds like a nice one i can get into.
Any feedback will be gratefully recieved,
cheers,
Felix

Xen 05-03-2003 04:53 PM

Yes buy it. It is an excellent game in my opinion,but BG2,well I like it more...

FelixJaeger 05-04-2003 08:25 AM

Great i'll go buy it soon then, probably next weekend to get this game of BG2 finished.
I guess i'll be in here a lot more,
bye guys,
Felix

StarVid 05-04-2003 08:36 PM

I hope I'm not too late, but don't buy the game unless you really liked Diablo. It's really the same thing, but with a party of 6. And there's no real surprises, you have almost the whole story handed to you before you're even halfway through the game. Even Diablo II had a surprise there (in the end).

Luvian 05-04-2003 11:21 PM

It's not like Diablo II, it's like Icewind Dale.

lethoso 05-05-2003 12:18 AM

for 20 euros its a bargain [img]smile.gif[/img]

but its not much like diablo at all....

FelixJaeger 05-05-2003 08:23 AM

I haven't got the game yet, but I' not too bothered if its like Diablo because i haven't played Diablo, [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

Does it have any roleplaying aspects or is it gonna be exceptionally terrible let down in that area like NWN was? :(
I hope it isnt.

Luvian 05-05-2003 08:55 PM

Well, you can roleplay, the dialogs vary depending on your class, race, kit, stats, or skills. And there is plenty of evil and neutral dialogs choices for once, but the story is linear.

StarVid 05-06-2003 10:28 AM

The storyline is really weak. It's pretty much dropped in your lap halfway through the game. There's pretty much nothing for the player to figure out. It's like Icewind Dale I, which was like Diablo, roleplay wise. I mean, you can build your characters certain ways, but that's just strategy, not roleplaying. And if you like to pretend, you can pretend you're roleplaying (by writing biographies for your character), but there's extremely little actual roleplaying in the game. It's really more of a strategy/action game than RPG, like Fallout:Tactics or Diablo. I'd save the £20 to wait and see how Lionheart turns out.

Glazs 05-06-2003 03:30 PM

I'd say that for only 20£ you should take it, alright it's linear and less attractive than BG or BG2 because of the story, but it worth the shot, i didn't play IWD1 so i dunno if you could already play with Drows, but I was really surprised when i saw that, anyway i think you should buy it...and the story isn't that bad cmon!!!