Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Modding Community. (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91352)

Froberg 08-19-2004 02:59 PM

I have been toying with the idea of making a 'replacement' for teamBG.

I use the term loosely because you cannot replace such a great site.

My site will contain the same stuff as TeamBG and also provide hosting for mod work in progress.

We need to keep the Baldurs Gate modding community closely together, not spread all over the internet.

Would you use this if I was to make such a site?

Thanks.

Jaradu 08-19-2004 03:02 PM

I definitely would! But how much would it cost to host all these files?

ADD) I doubt TeamBG would be ecstatic about this though...

[ 08-19-2004, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: Jaradu ]

Froberg 08-19-2004 03:16 PM

I highly doubt they'll like it either.

But from what I've read across the internet they don't seem like they are coming back? :/

I just need a place for my mod-fan needs and if I need to create my own site to do so, I will.

RoSs_bg2_rox 08-19-2004 03:35 PM

I don't think they are coming back either.

But, you do realise this is a massive project! It wouldn't happen over night. And, I think you would be better off speaking to Ken first, just to tell him what you were doing. I mean, obviously he couldn't stop you, but it might be nice to let him be one of the first to know.

But, there is no real need anyway. Head over to Forgottenwars. There they hold all of the TBG stuff and more. They will be holding it until/if TBG comes back, and it really is a nice place. I think you should definately check it out before even considering such a priject.

[ 08-19-2004, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: RoSs_bg2_rox ]

jcompton 08-19-2004 03:55 PM

Yes. Studios has, indeed, faithfully adopted many of TeamBG's most notable characteristics.

Attalus 08-19-2004 05:55 PM

I'd definitely visit such a site, since it seems that TeamBG is no more.

Froberg 08-19-2004 06:14 PM

Spiffing, I was not aware that forgotten had improved such on their site.

But from reading on their front page TeamBG is done.

philip 08-20-2004 06:00 AM

I think you should at least contact any other of those sites that are up now. But as long as the larger sites are still up like forgotten wars you might not get much attention. But of course it's more satisying than a simple link to all projects page, with hosting for others who don't have web space if you like. I'd definitely check it out cause I might have missed some good mods.

Xen 08-20-2004 06:35 AM

I would love to see this kind of site but as others said: ask Ken first. Also you can put it in icelus`s list in BG II forum.

Hivetyrant 08-20-2004 09:37 AM

Yeah, I think it is a good Idea, and I know quite a few people that would be very interested in a site like that.