Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Translation. (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74744)

Talthyr Malkaviel 05-02-2002 03:31 PM

Help!
I've gone to Babelfish and those such sites and got as many different language translations as possible, but there's a few I didn't get.
(Trans from english word Enter BTW)

I have: French, Spanish, Portugese, Norwegian, German, Dutch and Italian.
Could anyone provide some more??
I'm not only looking for these ones, but does anyone know:

Any of the other European translations
Russian
And any other thatyou could.

If you do it would be muchly appreciated.

hopeful "cheers" in advance.

Talthyr Malkaviel 05-02-2002 04:42 PM

In fact, now that I think of it, I've found several words for 'enter' in a Turkish-English dictionary, but I am unsure which is correct.
Again, any help will be very much appreciated.

[ 05-02-2002, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Talthyr Malkaviel ]

uss 05-02-2002 04:57 PM

now, i know your gonna laugh yourself silly because im about to tell you that word in Estonia.
ok,
entering-sisenema
enter(like "you will enter")- "sisene" or "mine sisse"("sisenege" when plural,also "minge sisse")
mine sisse is actually "go inside" but it has da same meaning, doesnt it [img]smile.gif[/img] ?

Talthyr Malkaviel 05-02-2002 05:01 PM

Thanks!! :D I remembered you were from there and I was going to ask actually.
I want to find as many different ones as possible.

Larry_OHF 05-02-2002 05:02 PM

<font color=skyblue>Those translation programs are never 100% reliable. I have tested them, knowing Spanish, and have not been impressed with how it works. It is not up to date with current "today's buzz-words" nor does it fully understand phrases to place them together correctly.
This is just a friendly warning, incase your life ever depended on a translation program.

Cheers! </font>

Talthyr Malkaviel 05-02-2002 05:07 PM

Thanks for the warning Larry, these places are almost infamous for making weird phrases, but I figured it should be fine with just the word 'enter.'
And according to the languages I did already know, it's been right so far.
But anyway, I'd find human input more reliable, and it ddidn't have many choices.

Grand-Ranger 05-02-2002 05:14 PM

em, dont take my word for it but I believe the russian wrod for enter is somthing along the lines of "Ehtep" I think you may want some one elses opoinon though.

/)eathKiller 05-02-2002 07:50 PM

LOL i once tried using babbel fish to try and translate a Japanese ite... here's wha tI got:

ˇMuch Happines in Get Happy Come on Round 4 of event. Special event happening on fith of tuesday next year. Objective seen as getting much item called chocolate from first represenative of the sisters three chef. Second represenative ask order tally query. Query order power represents: Had Bokolateu, Bar Chokolateu, Phantasystaronrine, final objective query mold mix shape cool GO. Wai! Phantasystaronrine last represenative gift wrap. Recieve gift give gift to freind, lover, relative, pet, ect... Much Enjoy! Only Woman.

O_O... her'es how I read the site:

"On Valentines Day We're having a Special PhantasyStar Online Event. First you go to the three cake sisters. The first sister gives you a block of chocolate. The next sister asks you what to do. Melt the chocolate, mold the chocolate, then cool the chocolate, its not that hard. Now after that Go tot he last cake sister. She'll wrap the chocolate and you've got a gift to give to your sweetheart! Valentine's Day Chocolate, a Special item to take up the inventory of a special someone... better get some Chocolate mules ready... OH and this quest is only for the ladies!"

Alexander 05-03-2002 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:
em, dont take my word for it but I believe the russian wrod for enter is somthing along the lines of "Ehtep" I think you may want some one elses opoinon though.
That's because the Cyrillic "P" is the Roman "R", and the Cyrillic "H" is the Roman "N". Of course, it all looks capitalized, so it would look something like "EHTEP" (providing that it's the exact same word and spelling in Russian).

It helps to know a little Russian. ;)

Neb 05-03-2002 02:56 AM

If you need help with russian, perhaps you should PM Encard, he seems to know something of that language.