Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   I need recipies ! (Item creation spoiler pls) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34291)

cptpocket 07-19-2002 03:41 AM

I have the tomes.....
I treid like 8 websites and 5 forums, all i find is info on the tomes not the recepies pls help. I tried sooo much found a few easy ones but need more.

Awaiting response

Ar-Cunin 07-19-2002 07:12 AM

WELCOME TO IW [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]

Recepies for the forge-items can be gotten from the dwarf in the back room of the Shining Knight (choose the right dialouge options and he'll give you a book that contains all of them)

Spell recepies: you'll have to find individual tomes (there is at least 5 in chp 2)

AndyG 07-19-2002 09:36 AM

You're not giving enough information. There are tomes in chapter 2 and chapter 3. I'll assume you mean chapter 2. The tomes each contain a recipe. To create the item, combine the items in the chest in the magic shop (go through the portal), then cast the spell on the chest.

For example, the tome of fire recipe calls for a fire beetle belly and a quartz crystal. Open up the chest, put the two items inside. Close the chest. Cast the spell fireball and target the chest. Open the chest and you will find a Staff of Power.

There are five tomes in all, with different recipes. I found similar tomes in chapter 3, but haven't gone there with a wizard or sorceror, so I can't take advantage of them. You can probably work these recipes if you find items that let you cast spells, like that fire opal that lets you cast fireball.

After you turn in the tomes, a scroll will appear in the bookcase next to the magic chest. This scroll will tell you what is needed for that tome's magic item.

[ 07-19-2002, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: AndyG ]

Downunda 07-20-2002 04:05 AM

Just wondering... are there other weapons that can be made that aren't included in the book that the blacksmith gives you? as I said... just wondering [img]smile.gif[/img]

Kerneth 07-21-2002 12:52 AM

I don't know, I tried putting my paladin's bastard sword +3 on the forge with all the different ingredients he had available (everything but the diamond I believe) and the dwarf wouldn't do anything with any of them.

Unfortunately, since my paladin is in desperate need of a better bastard sword. Found dragonslayer, which is cool (love the graphic on it) but...Not a lot of dragons around :b

Nerull 07-21-2002 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kerneth:
Found dragonslayer, which is cool (love the graphic on it) but...Not a lot of dragons around :b
Not to spoil anything, but later in the game you will change your mind about that a little... :D

Calaethis Dragonsbane 07-21-2002 08:06 AM

hehe; I didnt like the dragon slayer sword... a bastard swords not my style... so I made my own in the NWNs toolkity thing. then exported my char... ah, my longsword again. kinda based it on the one in BG2SOA. near firkaag. did I spell his name right? [img]tongue.gif[/img] *sigh* you could call it cheating, but... lol. it is fun to make ur OWN items. ppl should try it.