Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Wondering if this would mess up the story line (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58696)

Freshman Matt 11-05-2001 05:51 PM

what is Imeon had armour on before she left chapter 1 and was unable to use magic(because of the armour) and couldnt use magic to try to kill the main bad dude in that video. Would she still be taken away?

Lothar 11-05-2001 05:54 PM

Probably not I think the AI just plays it regardless of what imoen is wearing.

andrewas 11-05-2001 05:56 PM

in PnP, no.

in a cRPG, yes.

of course in PnP, the DM can break the rules to avoid this, so it would probably happen there to. besides, if you could prevent imoen being taken, youd screw the plot and be trapped on brynn law. or would you go and rescue a duplicate imoen? i really dont know.

andrewas 11-05-2001 05:57 PM

oops,

WELCOME TO THE BOARD!

sorry. its the new forum software. i keep looking for post counts to the right, not below.

AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe 11-05-2001 07:57 PM

Yes even with no magical abilities the game would go on as normal. thats part of the storyline that doesnt change

JackOfClubs 11-05-2001 09:33 PM

Yes, she casts spells no matter what you do. I have made her cast all her spells without resting, so that she has no spells left to cast. I have forced her to memorize other spells, leaving no slots open for Magic Missiles. I have even used shadowkeeper to remove her mage abilities and restore her to the thief she was in BG1. She still casts those magic missiles and gets herself arrested.

--Edit: My theory is that belt she wears acts like a necklace of missiles.

[ 11-05-2001: Message edited by: JackOfClubs ]</p>

Lifetime 11-06-2001 01:48 AM

Heey thats something to think about..
Screwing with the game's story.. Hmmm..

Dundee Slaytern 11-06-2001 03:23 AM

*cough* *cough*

What if... you polymorphed her?

Would be cute to see a squirrel stand up against Irenicus... ...

Rikard_OHF 11-06-2001 03:26 AM

The prevents the girl from Dying
If you put it on your own character (shadowkeeper) he cannot die or be imprisoned
Incredible Item really bit overkill though
Just like " killsword"
this is vital for the storyline aswell that Imoen doesn't die before you get out of the dungeoun

Dundee it prevents Polymorphing aswell
What i wonder now is
What if you remove the belt with Shadowkeeper and you kill poor ol' Imoen?

[ 11-06-2001: Message edited by: Rikard_OHF ]</p>

Amergin 11-06-2001 05:10 AM

usually i give imoen the boot once she frees me, which means she's neutral once i get out. when the cowled wizards are taking her and jon away, ive been able to talk to her and have her rejoin the party. needless to say, the game crashed when i got to the spellhold dungeon.