Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Movie pick: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50441)

"Hell Lich" Wah 01-21-2001 12:03 AM

There is a Chinese Video Series called the "Golden Snake Sword" - I'd bet that sword is at least a +6 with the ability to attack on it's own for 20 rounds, speed factor of -40!! And the chance to kill anything that it hits. (save vs death to survive!!)

For those of you who haven't seen it then think about Drunken Master - do you think that the monk in BG2 could end up with an item that represents the "flask" like that drunk?

= -2 to speed (coz you're drunk!)
= raises morale
= +10 to all attack rolls because you end up using the drunken style!!

G.W. 01-21-2001 04:15 AM

If you haven't seen this movie, go out and see it! It's amazing! If you love BG 2 you'll note the part where Michelle Yeoh dual wields scimitars. Now you item makers, you will have to make a BG2-version of the sword that figures into the movie, the Green Destiny. What do the people who saw the movie think it would be? I would make it a +3 short sword sword that gives two extra attacks. Or perhaps a ninja-to that gives the user offensive spin and defensive spin capabilities?

Memnoch 01-21-2001 10:10 AM

Speaking of movies, which ones do you nominate as being the one/s that most made you feel like you were watching a fantasy movie? I haven't been to see Dungeons & Dragons yet but I've heard from people that it's a load of rubbish. So, I'm planning to see it anyway. I thought Gladiator, particularly the opening scene, was brilliant. Maybe Braveheart.

Other than that, there hasn't been much, has there?

"Hell Lich" Wah 01-21-2001 11:56 AM

Actually - since I'm half Cantonese and my mother has a good knowledge of Chinese Videos.

I've been lucky to have seen this film a year before it was actually released here in England!!!

The Green Destiny should be a least a +5 long sword with speed factor of -20!!!

bilqis 01-28-2001 06:57 PM

There is another set of Chinese films I would highly recommend. They are "The Bride White Hair" and "Bride with White Hair 2". Wonderful fairy tale kung-fu films.

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon will never come to my little berg here in the northland. I have to wait for it to come out of video. I'm very glad to hear it is as good as it looks!

G.W. 01-28-2001 07:05 PM

Green Destiny long sword:
+3 THACO, 1-8+3 damage, speed factor 0 (thus adds one attack)
Grants user 3 charges of defensive spin (-10 ac for 30 secs) per day plus free action (so the user can move around while in the spin). This is probably a better reflection of what it does--it is extremely good at parrying and defending the user, but a master swordsman can still beat the wielder. Wouldn't make the weapon too powerful.

Lord of Alcohol 01-28-2001 07:32 PM

I agree, the opening scene of Gladiator is awesome. Unleash hell!!!!!!

Halscion 01-28-2001 11:34 PM

Re: Green Destiny: it would have to be a "defender" type sword (lower AC vs. opponents using weapons). The big power that the movie seemed to give it was a sort of anti-weapon vorpal attack -- so it would have a chance to destroy your opponent's weapon on a successful parry.

(Of course, adding parry rules to AD&D is left as an exercise for the reader...)