Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Silver Blades (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98185)

manikus 11-17-2007 08:03 PM

Silver Blades

I'm at that point in the creation process where I have a big choice to make. Do I remake Secrets of the Silver Blades? Or, do I create a sequel? Or, perhaps some other option..?

(I know some wisecracker is going to say I should do all of the above, but come on, this is big and I'm only one fellow. I'm only going to do one.)

Any thoughts on this? Please share them with me. :D

Uatu 11-18-2007 05:43 AM

Re: Silver Blades

Hmm - I have not answered the poll, since I am not sure! Are there any legal risks, etc.? A sequel would be interesting, too, I guess... (Maybe that silvery woman got frozen again...:D )

manikus 11-18-2007 09:20 AM

No legal risks, unless mad amounts of money start getting thrown around, or I start claiming that I did all the work for the first and that SSI owes me some money.
(For any lawyers from Hasbro watching this thread, there is no money nor claims to copyright going on. :D )

Uatu 11-18-2007 08:16 PM

Well, in that case, I guess any/all of those choices are good! (Well, except Neverwinter Nights - 3rd edition, pah! There's a sequel now, anyway, isn't there?)

manikus 11-18-2007 08:47 PM

There's not really a sequel, there was just another title in the series that you could move your characters to - Pool of Darkness.
If I were to do a sequel, it would be about the setting not the characters. :D

Uatu 11-18-2007 11:24 PM

Oops, scratch that - I would choose #2 or #3 then (we always could use new material!)

Frozen NPCs in ice are always fun, though - if they are comely females, it is even better! :P

manikus 11-19-2007 09:59 AM

Her name was Vala, and the other member of the original Silver Blades that the party meets is a dwarf cleric of Tyr, named Derf Strongarm. If I do the sequel, they will both definitely be in it. :D But, I probably won't have either of them joining the party, per se. (That's not to say that they won't make an appearance in battle, as, let's say, surprise allies...or maybe even foes. I guess it depends on the story line.)

Uatu 11-19-2007 11:43 AM

They might be really old by then, though! :D

(Gosh, you're right - Vala and the dwarf! I forgot all about the dwarf until now...)

manikus 11-19-2007 01:13 PM

The dwarf never gets frozen, and it's been 375 years since he was an adventurer...he is very old. :)

Uatu 11-19-2007 08:21 PM

Yeah, I mean if the dwarf was frozen, who would go to all the trouble to unfreeze him? He's not even hawt! ;)

A few elixers of youth and voila! Dwarf can adventure again...