Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, June 8,2009 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100822)

Dragonshadow 06-24-2009 04:53 PM

Re: Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, June 8,2009

Sounds like you had pretty excellent grandparents there FSA.

I also inhereted some nail paint earlier today. Which was odd. It has seperated a bit but if you shake it it looks okay...

Never seen beige nail paint before.

John D Harris 06-24-2009 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firestormalpha (Post 1231589)
If I recall, the purpose of grandchildren is to dump obscene amounts of sugar into them mere moments before returning them to their parents and enjoy the ensuing chaos. At least, that's if my grandparents were any indication.

Sounds fun don't it :D Live long enough to avenge yourself on your children. ;)

Captain Obvious 06-24-2009 08:14 PM

Cheers everyone!

The job is to check emails for being fake, frauds or forgeries (Wellard - I get ya)

Nah, It i will be a 'client service manager' at an accounting firm (i am an accountant) so will get staff to manage as well as a portfolio of clients. Am really looking forward to it.

Have to resign here tomorrow, so that wont be so fun. Might drop it on them late on the friday arvo (yes, i am a massive chicken)

DS, sounds like your mum just likes this guy you have, dont stress about it - god if kids always listened to their parents can you imagine what state the world would be in???

wellard 06-25-2009 01:16 AM

Good day JD Harris
Long time no see, hope you and yours have been well. :)

Grand kids can wait - I wanna get a life back for a while between them leaving school / home and then being the chief babysitter.

Friday morn would be best Capt. gives them time to throw an advert in the weekend papers ... mind you I guess it is all done on the net now :)

John D Harris 06-25-2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wellard (Post 1231606)
Good day JD Harris
Long time no see, hope you and yours have been well. :)

Grand kids can wait - I wanna get a life back for a while between them leaving school / home and then being the chief babysitter.

Friday morn would be best Capt. gives them time to throw an advert in the weekend papers ... mind you I guess it is all done on the net now :)

How the Hale have you been? Yep all is well here now, Wife's cancer is in gone 5 years now. :D

Being the chief babysitter is the reason for loading them on sugar, and teaching them to pull your finger. :D

Bungleau 06-25-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonshadow (Post 1231564)
*snip*
Mum - Have you thought about the future? You know, marrying him and having kids?
Me - ..... We agreed we'd like to get llamas.

LOL! My daughter currently has a fascination with llamas... have you sprung the Llama Song on your mother yet?

Glad you're doing well, DS... aside from that RSI showing back up again. No fun there :(

Dragonshadow 06-25-2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bungleau (Post 1231627)
LOL! My daughter currently has a fascination with llamas... have you sprung the Llama Song on your mother yet?

Glad you're doing well, DS... aside from that RSI showing back up again. No fun there :(

Llama llama duck... I think your daughter has excellent taste.

I haven't sprung it on her yet, but I think I might have to. My boyfriend did download the llama song and would play it ever so quietly on his laptop when I was working. Gradually increasing the volume. Until I looked up and went "is that the Llama Song?" to which he would look guilty and say no. Before turning on the Spice Girls instead.

The RSI is probably my own fault actually. Too much laptop use methinks. It's all your fault you guys! You're too interesting for me to stay away for long.

Eagle eye 06-25-2009 04:21 PM

I am intrigued. I have never heard the llama song before.

I must investigate.

Firestormalpha 07-02-2009 02:01 AM

Hmmm... is this the Llama Song?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Ig4dIVqJUM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Ig4dIVqJUM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

If it is, I'd say it tops my list of wierd songs.

Anywho, it's becoming a standard Florida summer. Nasty hot mornings, wet rainy evenings. With random rainstorms dropping indiscriminately wherever they please. The good news is, I enjoy rainstorms. In fact, strange as it may sound, I even enjoy walking in the rain, once in awhile.

Anywho (again), I don't want to start a whole new thread about it just yet, so, does anyone know of a decent free program for converting avi's to mov's? Or should I wait till I have an income and purchase one of the programs that are for sale?

Wolf Rider2 07-02-2009 04:03 AM

Yes, that is the llama song.

Aah, almost the end of a tiring, stressful week. Bring on the weekend!