Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   WOLFGIR (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73917)

TheThing 03-18-2002 05:35 AM

I just read your peom at your homepage "Kiss your tears away" darn, thats beautiful, do you mind post it here for us to read? [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-18-2002, 05:48 AM: Message edited by: TheThing ]

TheThing 03-18-2002 05:39 AM

and I am a little curious as how you came up with this poem? my guess is that the result of a life experience... sorry if I ask too much, because if it is true, I have a similar understanding here [img]smile.gif[/img]

anyway, awesome work

WOLFGIR 03-18-2002 05:49 AM

He, no problem! Glad you liked it and that I have people visiting my page! :D LOL

Yes, it is based on a life experience, a pretty sad event in my life which I still need to work over from time to time and which still gives me reason to stop and think things trough. I actually started to write more and use it as a way to express things for myself as a result of people from this board.

Well here it is..
-----------------------------------------------
Kiss your tears away.

When you were in pain, I tried to kiss away your tears..
I tried to reveal your beauty for the world to see.

I kissed your tears, and in the process you took mine away.
I kissed away your tears, cause your pain was mine.

I held you in the dark, shivering so close to me.
Oh, darling did I hold you to tight?

Today I lie in the dark, clasping myself,
crying but no tears come and none to kiss.

I believe you a vampire, cause you sucked me dry.
Oh darling, did I hold you to tight?

I only tried to kiss away the pain..

------------------------------------------------

TheThing 03-18-2002 05:55 AM

cool [img]smile.gif[/img] glad that you find ways to express yourself, the stuffed feelings are dangerous sometimes [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I also read one poem that touched me deeply, which I could not remember the whole excerpt. I do, however, remember the lines that hit me the most:

"...
I am sorry that
I love you too much,
yet I do not love you enough"

It feels just like that some times. Thanks for posting. I like your poem a lot.

WOLFGIR 03-18-2002 06:06 AM

I think that expressing one self is important for your own developement and should be tried by everyone regardless of "professional" attitude or skills. I am a "happy" amateur when it comes to writing but I´m learning and a good side effet is that I learn more english for each day! :D

Who said internet is evil?? Hehehe! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Redblueflare 03-18-2002 09:08 AM

Hey that is good Wolfgir! Did you ever finish that story you were writing? I need to read the rest of it sometime.

[ 03-18-2002, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: Redblueflare ]

WOLFGIR 03-19-2002 03:05 AM

Hiya RBF! :D
Thanks! :D

Well the story got to the tenth chapter and while it still need some rewriting in certain area I have induldge myself in testing some new stories and ways of writing as well as giving the bladedancers tale sort of a break to gather my thoughts. I have the next chapter forming itself in my head right now. I´m not a disciplined author yet so I write whats in my wierd head and sometimes I don´t have a clue what will happen but just write LOL. But I have it on my website under stories. Ten chapters full of typos ;) hehe! :D