Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Party Makeup? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20315)

Sir Degrader 06-23-2004 07:37 PM

I tend to use the "classic" make of me (duh), a Cavalier, Sarevok, Imoen, Jaheira, Valygar(the unclassic one of the bunch). and Viconia/Arie When I'm evil, I use Edwin, Viconia jan and Korgan. What's YOUR party makeup?

Illumina Drathiran'ar 06-23-2004 07:41 PM

Well, I tend to go the neutral path. Just a tiny bit of violet eyeshadow, to bring out my eye color, and everything else gets natural tones. That way, when I get to the party, it looks like I'm not wearing any makeup at all.

krunchyfrogg 06-23-2004 08:57 PM

LoL @ Illumina!

I like using the guys I had around in BGI, namely Minsc, Jaheira, and Imoen (I NEVER ditch Imoen, and Jaheira is so damn useful that she's in almost every game anyway).

I'm not a huge fan of Evil, so Viconia and Edwin are usually out.

I fill the rest of the party with whoever fits in after I've chosen my protagonist.

Illumina Drathiran'ar 06-23-2004 10:30 PM

I wonder if next time you'll also ask about theme party makeup.

TheGodThatFailed 06-25-2004 05:32 PM

I used to be a huge evil fan,being so tempting to mash in annoying people as it is.I overcame that,and now normally play Me(inquisitor) Keldorn,Valyagar,Minsc,jaheria,Mazzy/Aerie.

EDIT either that or i solo.Thats great fun :D

[ 06-25-2004, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: TheGodThatFailed ]

Hank Parsons 06-26-2004 02:48 AM

Although they don't always get along perfectly, I think it is realistic and fun to mix alignments in the party. The good folks start to get a hunch Viconia is evil, but they can't just check her resume and say "you're out" without getting to know her first. How you gonna turn down a lady like that anyway.

But I usually just make my whole party, these days. Don't use the Bioware NPC's much anymore.

TyranyuZ 06-26-2004 12:44 PM

Hank, the NPC's of this game, is what makes it so awesome.

Right now Im ruling with this party:
Sorcerer - Cornelius
Thief/Mage - Jan
Cleric/Fighter - Anomen
Fighter/Druid - Jaheira

Zarr 07-02-2004 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar:
Well, I tend to go the neutral path. Just a tiny bit of violet eyeshadow, to bring out my eye color, and everything else gets natural tones. That way, when I get to the party, it looks like I'm not wearing any makeup at all.
Hah! That was a classic, very funny Illumina! :D :D :D

SixofSpades better watch out he has a rival in the "funny" stakes! :D

Dirty Meg 07-02-2004 03:53 PM

All the evil NPCs from SoA and an half orc assassin make a well balanced evil party. Decent spellcaster, excelent cleric, kick-arse fighter, PC with thieving skills and good in a fight.

Megachihuahua 07-16-2004 03:36 PM

I just started ToB for the first non-crashing time, and I'm using
Sorcerer (With Jony's picture, albino skin and pink hair:) )
Keldorn
Sarevok
Korgan
Anomen
Jan
So, I have four 'knights', Irencicus, and comic relief who plays the crazy mage assistant.
But it would be very, um, roleplayish to have an assasin PC, and dual or multiclassed clerics (of bhaal). It would probably be hard.

[ 07-16-2004, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: Megachihuahua ]