Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, June 7, 2005 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93712)

Cloudbringer 06-07-2005 08:37 AM

Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
the previous thread is here:

<H2><font color="plum">Cloudy's Cafe</font></H2>

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good
darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

<H3>this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone</H3>

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short
conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reputuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

<font color="pink">The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.</font>

[ 06-07-2005, 08:37 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]

Cloudbringer 06-07-2005 08:39 AM

<H1> <font color="plum"> PLEASE NOTE </font></H1>

This is a modified reminder that I've posted before in reply to someone asking "can we spam the cafe". It still holds true, so I'm going to repeat it periodically for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Read the first post of the thread, it's NOT a spam zone. If you want to discuss you grades, a problem with a teacher,the weather, your neighbor's new car etc.....etc.. (real life conversations) this is the place. I don't mind a SMALL amount of spam but when the Cafe gets to be 8 pages in one day and it's all one liner pure spam, I have to ask people not to do it because most of the members who would come to talk about their day or things that they want advice or sympathy or cheers on, will not post in that atmosphere. I want you to be comfy here, but not at the expense of other members.

So the answer is NO, I don't want to see page after page of roleplay spam or one liner spamfests that could be done on msn or aim etc. because our goal is to TALK WITH one another , not fill up a cafe in five hours. ;)

TiliaLyn 06-07-2005 08:46 AM

Hey there, don't I wish I could really be sitting in a comfy overstuffed chair, sipping a cup of chamomile and honey while I get lost in my current read of <u>The War of the Twins</u> and forget that one of the three attorneys I work for is about to begin a 4-day arbitration and the second attorney just dropped off changes to three draft letters I gave him last Friday. I have a feeling he isa about to go into dictation mode, which means an afternoon of transcription - though I really don't mind that.

I do know my day will be filled with running between the two floors (the conference room where the arbitration is being held and my desk)for forgotten items, etc. I hope to pop in for a relaxing hello during my lunch though.

To all who can savor the day, enjoy!

Tilia

Bungleau 06-07-2005 09:22 AM

Almost the first non-Cloudy post! Morning, all! Busy day here today... pizza lunch party at my daughter's school for the end of the year, then a trip for our new puppy (who had his first obedience class last night) to go to the vet... he's apparently underweight (almost to the point of malnourishment) and may have heartworms :( Then I get to finish closing off the underside of the deck (so he won't crawl under there) and maybe... if I'm lucky... get some gaming *and* some sleep in tonight!

Sounds like a busy day for you, TiliaLyn! That's one way to get your exercise in :D

johnny 06-07-2005 11:16 AM

Speaking of busy, for the past two days we've been trying to make the exterior of a 4 centuries old building look peachy again. Right now both my legs feel like i'm dragging along a pair of those heavy metal balls they used to put on prisoners legs in the old days, and i can't even feel my arms anymore. And why the hell were people so little a couple of hundred years ago ? Everytime we had some stuff to do inside, we had to duck to make it into another room, otherwise we'd be crashing our heads into the wall. Damn....i'm so tired i don't even feel like having a beer tonight. :D

armageddon272 06-07-2005 11:46 AM

Hey. Just tested out anew game I bought. Not in school at the moment 'cause of being sick. Trying to sit in front of the heater to warm up even though it's considerably warm here as it is. Sorry to hear about your dog Bungleau. Hope it turns out alright.

Bahamut 06-07-2005 12:41 PM

Hey to everyone :D

Tilia I hope to be a lawyer someday :D

Bungleau... hope they aren't heartworms... or caught in the early stages (if memory serves me right)

johnny not having a beer... miraculous.

armageddon... so are you really sick? LOL

TiliaLyn 06-07-2005 01:28 PM

Well the morning wasn't half as hectic as I had imagined. Read a chapter or two in <u>War of the Twins</u> while I sat in the sun at the local Bagel store with a Ham/Swiss/Everything bagel. I was revitalized until I got back to work and walked through the frigid AC'd recirculated air ::sigh::

Bungleau, I too hope the vet finds something other than heartworms.

Time to get back to work. PS, I ordered BG through Amazon this afternoon. I cannot wait!

T

Bahamut 06-07-2005 01:32 PM

Best of luck Tilia with your BG [img]smile.gif[/img] If you get hooked... welcome to the club ;)

Cloudbringer 06-07-2005 02:04 PM

Hello TiliaLyn! Hope you like BG as much as the rest of us do! It's a great game and very re-playable.

Bungleau, poor pup, I hope they can cure what ails him!

So I guess you're too tired to reach for the beer, eh johnny? LOL OK, I KNOW you'll never be THAT tired! :D