Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Looking for a hammer (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10344)

SpongeBobTheDestoyer 11-09-2002 03:02 AM

I'm not very far into the game this run, about level 9, where do I find a decent hammer before I go after the hammer of thunderbolts/CF. I remember someone having one you could throw, does anyone know where that one is? Or any other good ones. There doesn't seem to be that many does there. Thanks in advance.

Dundee Slaytern 11-09-2002 03:08 AM

Spoilers
~
~
~
~
Warhammer +1, +4 vs Giantkin
Found in De'Arnise Keep, has a hidden +4 enchantment

Dwarven Thrower +3
Sold in Tradesmeet after you save the town

Morgeruat 11-09-2002 12:32 PM

spoiler
~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

the dwarven thrower is only usable by dwarves, go figure...

[ 11-09-2002, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]

True_Moose 11-09-2002 12:44 PM

Spoilers
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
Warhammer +2, in the bridge in the Cult of the Unseeing Eye quest. Weird though: I've found it there in some games but not in others. :confused:

DJG 11-09-2002 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by True_Moose:
Spoilers
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
Warhammer +2, in the bridge in the Cult of the Unseeing Eye quest. Weird though: I've found it there in some games but not in others. :confused:

Well, it is possible that it is a programmed that way.

I personally recommend Crom Faeyr, becuase of all the bonuses. However, the game has an obviously lack of people with proficiencies in War Hammer. Maybe, when I learn to script, I could make a person with a proficiency in it.......

WeiDu is very hard to decipher!

Zuvio 11-09-2002 08:03 PM

Quote:

I personally recommend Crom Faeyr, becuase of all the bonuses.
He actually wants a hammer before getting the CromFeayr ;)

9_1_6 11-10-2002 07:22 AM

If you are a dwarf, the dwarven thrower is a very good one early in the game. If not buy a simple +1 or +2 Hammer until you get the Hammer of Thunderbolts/CF.

WhirlingDervish 11-10-2002 08:58 AM

Possible Spoiler
_
-
-
-
-
-
-

Ribald sells a Warhammer +2 that deals some extra electrical damage. This appears to be the hammer you could have obtained from Bassilus in BG1. It seems Johnny I needed to pawn it to fund his experiments...

Prior to obtaining the hammer of thunderbolts, this is probably the most useful hammer that a nondwarf can use(although the hammer of giantkin does have its uses as well). I would avoid lich hunting with it though.

[img]graemlins/1druid.gif[/img]

Dundee Slaytern 11-10-2002 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by WhirlingDervish:
~~ Prior to obtaining the hammer of thunderbolts, this is probably the most useful hammer that a nondwarf can use(although the hammer of giantkin does have its uses as well). I would avoid lich hunting with it though. ~~
Do not be fooled by the Hammer +1, +4 vs Giantkin's low damage. ;) Its' high enchantment( +4) means it is very useful against Liches, and the only Warhammer capable of touching Demi-Liches besides Crom Faeyr.