Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Family forum??? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91982)

LordKathen 10-20-2004 03:03 PM

<font color=lime>First off, I am not offended by much at all, trust me.
I visit the occasional website depicting jokes, videos, etc. containing adult material.
But I was under the impression that IWs was a family oriented site strictly moderated for things like the context of a couple of threads going strong right now.
Mods are quick to close a thread to avoid feelings being hurt in a debate or the like, or move a thread if its in the wrong forum.
Why is "mature" material being overlooked and/or allowed?
</font>

Timber Loftis 10-20-2004 03:48 PM

We are a family forum, but we treat our kids like the mature little adults they are. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

johnny 10-20-2004 03:56 PM

Where did you see mature material ?

Stormymystic 10-20-2004 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
Where did you see mature material ?
the ridiculous video thread for starters ;)

SomeGuy 10-20-2004 05:30 PM

Like L. Kathen it takes a lot to offend me, some less then others, and yeah I visit sites with adult content etc.I didn't bother watching the "ridiculous video." Not because it says "not for kids" or anything like that, I'm just lazy. I agree, some things in this forum considered "mature" have been overlooked, but I think in today's media most kid/teens are used to it, and it really won't bother them that much, but just because the media puts out stuff like that, doesn't mean we have to. Just my little 2cents

[ 10-20-2004, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: SomeGuy ]

Sythe 10-20-2004 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SomeGuy:
Like L. Kathen it takes a lot to offend me, some less then others, and yeah I visit sites with adult content etc.I didn't bother watching the "ridiculous video." Not because it says "not for kids" or anything like that, I'm just lazy. I agree, some things in this forum considered "mature" have been overlooked, but I think in today's media most kid/teens are used to it, and it really won't bother them that much, but just because the media puts out stuff like that, doesn't mean we have to. Just my little 2cents
Or to summarize it

There is nothing we haven't seen already before. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] In Ironworks or outside it.

[ 10-20-2004, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Sythe ]

RoSs_bg2_rox 10-20-2004 05:54 PM

LK, I see where you are coming from as I know you have young kids etc. But remember, the youngest members here are maybe 12 or so, and the majoority are older. If threads have warnings that should really be sufficient. (Although I am aware the video one didn't until you brought it up, but that was a mistake by the poster)

Jotin 10-20-2004 06:51 PM

I'm the poster who made the mistake, and i'm still sorry guys. won't happen again.

shadowhound 10-20-2004 07:20 PM

I don't think its just your thread Jotin, it was just used as a current example.

Bungleau 10-20-2004 11:36 PM

Unfortunately, not all of "we" have seen and done all. And even some of us who've been around a while still have a few things we haven't seen yet.

I support LK's position; language on IW has seemed to deteriorate a bit over the past while. Sometimes a good F-bomb is the exact word to address how you're feeling; believe me, I know it (and if you ever drive with me, you may know it too [img]smile.gif[/img] ).

My only request would be to lighten the language, sticking *** in to replace a few letters. The point gets across, but it doesn't turn into something that I might have to explain to my kids, should they happen to watch something over my shoulder. A quick "that means he's mad" will do just fine... :D