Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Any good RPGs coming up?? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91085)

<font color=white>
Hey dear forumers,

I just heard that Black Isle is getting closed down and thus ending hopes of a huge line of D&D games. Do any of you know any recent or future D&D games to be released?

I have played and Loved the BG Saga by far!
Also love Morrowind but prefer the D&D system especially the magic
Didn’t like Icewind Series
Neverwinter Nights was ok but lacked the diversity of Morrowind and BG.

Any good upcoming D&D games?? </font>

Arvon 07-15-2004 07:19 AM

Doesn't look like it from the mags. Looks like most effort is in the multiplayer types and consol games. And, to me the multiplayer is a rip off. First you have to buy the game then pay a mothly fee to play it.

Link 07-15-2004 07:26 AM

I don't know if Knights of the Old Republic 2 (KotOR 2) will be any good, but that is coming somewhere at the end of this year.

RPG vault has named the Star Wars RPGs best of 2003, (Morrowind winning 2002), but I don't like Star Wars.

Larry_OHF 07-15-2004 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Arvon:
Doesn't look like it from the mags. Looks like most effort is in the multiplayer types and consol games. And, to me the multiplayer is a rip off. First you have to buy the game then pay a mothly fee to play it.
<font color=skyblue>What games charge a monthly fee to play Multi?
NWN don't.</font>

Arvon 07-15-2004 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
[/qb]
<font color=skyblue>What games charge a monthly fee to play Multi?
NWN don't.</font> [/QB][/QUOTE]
Try Elfquest... and Ultima... It gauls me to buy a game for $50 then have to pay $20 a month to play. I have a virgin copy of elfquest...when I read the info packged with the game I just put it on a shelf.

Ziroc 07-15-2004 09:31 AM

Well, for XBOX, Fable is coming out, and PS2 an AD&D Forgotten Realms console game called Demon Stone--which looks AMAZING, but for the PC, A RPG by DW Bradley called Dungeon Lords is in the works for a 4th Quarter release-- but it's an action/rpg. ugh... And Neverwinter Nights II is in the works from the many sources I talk with. I may not be called NWN 2 though. (And I'm not talking about Dragon Age).

WE NEED A DRAGONLANCE RPG! :D

Ziroc 07-15-2004 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Avatar:
RPG vault has named the Star Wars RPGs best of 2003, (Morrowind winning 2002), but I don't like Star Wars.
Yeh, I didn't like that either.. I don't dig Starwars.

Personnaly I have always wanted to play the Everquest Series because it looks so realistic and good, but for too expensive.

Morrowind comes close to that on single player, but lacks the dragons and powerful characters wondering around for challenge.

Attalus 07-15-2004 10:29 AM

Dragon Age looks awesome. I am enjoying playing KOTR, and I am by no means a Star Wars freak.