Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   The OFFICIAL Ironworks Football World Cup Thread --Part II (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79381)

Davros 06-14-2002 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Donut:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Davros:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lanthir:
Thank God Portugal choked

Hahahahaha - Poland cough 3 cough, USA cough 1 cough splutter choke :D .

Well you get your wish Lanthir, a date in the second round with your southern neighbours (courtesy of 2 lots of South Korean woodwork). All the best for the 2nd round.

Donut, you mentioned something about the group of life [img]smile.gif[/img]
</font>[/QUOTE]Davros it was 3-1.

BTW look at your post count, it HAS to be an omen!!!!!!
</font>[/QUOTE]Of course it was, that's what my post says [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And by the time I had read your messge, my post count had moved on. Time has moved on to, except for those who cling desperately to past glories :D .

Yorick 06-14-2002 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Memnoch:
Here's an interesting article on some possible reasons why the Argies and the Frogs crashed out.
Very good article. I'll buy those reasons. Thanks Mario.

Donut 06-14-2002 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Davros:
Of course it was, that's what my post says [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And by the time I had read your messge, my post count had moved on. Time has moved on to, except for those who cling desperately to past glories :D .

Better to cling to past glories than only to dream of qualification!

BTW - it's a pity you can't edit my post!! :D

Davros 06-14-2002 10:49 AM

That's what I thought - by the way, on a serious note, do you still have that recipe for mushy peas, or peas porridge or whatever, I think I have finally found the dried peas :D

Yorick 06-14-2002 10:51 AM

Quote:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Davros:
Of course it was, that's what my post says [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Better to cling to past glories than only to dream of qualification!

BTW - it's a pity you can't edit my post!! :D
</font>[/QUOTE]Why fight the inevitable?

Cricket
Rugby Union
Rugby League
Tennis (Hewitt)
Hockey

Soon my friend, this nation of 20 million will surpass it's mother in yet another of it's own games :D

Suzaku 06-14-2002 10:56 AM

They're gonna have another riot in Moscow now! :D [img]tongue.gif[/img] Bigger that the last too probably because now they're out, not just beat!

Donut 06-14-2002 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Yorick:
Why fight the inevitable?

Cricket
Rugby Union
Rugby League
Tennis (Hewitt)
Hockey

Soon my friend, this nation of 20 million will surpass it's mother in yet another of it's own games :D

Stick to minority sports!

Donut 06-14-2002 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Davros:
That's what I thought - by the way, on a serious note, do you still have that recipe for mushy peas, or peas porridge or whatever, I think I have finally found the dried peas :D
I'm not sure why you added the smiley - have I missed something?

Sorry O/T

The peas should be the dried marrowfat ones. Place the peas in a large dish with plenty of room as they will expand when soaked. The peas need to be covered with two to three times their volume of boiling water. Add the steeping tablet that came with the peas or a couple of teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda if there are no tablets. This is important as the peas will not break down unless the bicarb is added. Cover and leave overnight.

The next day drain the peas and put them in a pan with enough fresh water to just cover them. Bring to the boil and simmer for about 20 minutes. The peas should break up nicely. Add a little water to the mixture to loosen the mushy peas to the consistency you like. Season only at the end, as if you do so before that the peas will be tough. Mushy peas freeze well.

Ar-Cunin 06-14-2002 11:07 AM

This is how the teams match up for the remaning games - the winners in each 'block' plays each other in the 1/4-finals, and A and B, + C and D will comprice the semifinals

'block' A:
15. june Germany - Paraguay
17. june Mexico - USA
---------
B:
16. june Spain - Ireland
18. june South Korea - Italy
------------------
C:
15. june Denmark - England
17. june Brazil - Belgium
---------
D:
16. june Sweden - Senegal
18. june Japan - Turkey

Of the four 'blocks' the easiest (and most open) have to be 'D'

whereas 'C' must be the hardest (especially if you're not Brazil ;) )

But there have been so many suprices uptil now that you can't predict any result.

Who would have thought that France, Argentina and Portugal would fail to go throgh - and that Senegal would be the only team from Africa to make the last 16.

P.S. I REALLY hope that I got the match-scedual right ;)

Yorick 06-14-2002 11:13 AM

Quote:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Yorick:
Why fight the inevitable?

Cricket
Rugby Union
Rugby League
Tennis (Hewitt)
Hockey

Stick to minority sports!</font>[/QUOTE]Yeah right. Cricket. The only sport the worlds second largest nation takes seriously. ;)

Rugby, second largest sporting world cup in he world.

Naaahh we're doing alright :D :D